SkyWest News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E120ASA said:
Heard from a CP. on Sunday that Comair is going to have more problems and CHQ is going to lose allot of Delta flying in December. CHQ 25% E145 and 20% other flying. That is what he told us so take it for what it is worth. All I know is that with Delta's BK and the award for Skywest from the court, SKY and ASA are not allowed to lose any flying or big D will not get their cash. SKYWEST, YOU DID A GREAT JOB......
Jerry's been running the place for 30+ years and is very good at what he does.

Dont stop now!

Jerry's been running the place for 30+ years and is very good at what he does.

If he could just fix screw scheduling, we would have some very happy campers!
:beer:

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
He hasn't been formally offered the job yet, but he's been hired via an inside source.
Oh really,
Whats his DOH, employee number. He has been placed onto a eligible list, you sound ignorant whe you say you are hired without a DOH or employee number.
In an industry where senority is paramount falsely claiming to be employed while still working at Burger King is misleading.
PBR

PBRstreetgang said:
Oh really,
Whats his DOH, employee number. He has been placed onto a eligible list, you sound ignorant whe you say you are hired without a DOH or employee number.
In an industry where senority is paramount falsely claiming to be employed while still working at Burger King is misleading.
PBR

It's possible, though rare. When I interviewed here at ASA a few years ago, the intern doing all the assisting was a former student of mine. I called him up a the following week and he told me I had been hired. Just hadn't recieved the offical call from ASA to comfirm it.

Here's the truth about those 22 700's. Right now nobody, not Jerry Atkin, Brad Holt, Ron Reber, Steve Hart or anyone knows where those airplanes will end up, because Delta doesn't know where they will want them yet. We already have the entire CR700 production capacity scheduled for delivery through February which means the soonest any of these planes will go anywhere is March, five months from now and I seriously doubt Delta even knows its plans that far out. Take a deap breath..., hold it..., now let it out. Alot can and will happen in the next five months, don't give yourself a stroke trying to figure it out.

Here's the truth about those 22 700's. Right now nobody, not Jerry Atkin, Brad Holt, Ron Reber, Steve Hart or anyone knows where those airplanes will end up, because Delta doesn't know where they will want them yet. We already have the entire CR700 production capacity scheduled for delivery through February which means the soonest any of these planes will go anywhere is March, five months from now and I seriously doubt Delta even knows its plans that far out. Take a deap breath..., hold it..., now let it out. Alot can and will happen in the next five months, don't give yourself a stroke trying to figure it out.

Very true! However, you don't just order 22 airplanes for no reason and no plan on what you want to do with them.

BK would have allowed DAL to cancel those orders. I beleive DAL has planned this BK out in detail...I don't think they are telling anyone...but they know!

Off on another tangent, has anyone heard if Delta is going ahead with the C concourse renovation or not? I was looking forward to the new place but I havn't seen much activity other than the Crown Room lately. Does SKW own the C gates or not, cause I'm guessing that SKW doesn't want to make the payments on the bonds for gates they don't own.

GO AROUND said:
Off on another tangent, has anyone heard if Delta is going ahead with the C concourse renovation or not? I was looking forward to the new place but I havn't seen much activity other than the Crown Room lately. Does SKW own the C gates or not, cause I'm guessing that SKW doesn't want to make the payments on the bonds for gates they don't own.

What is the status of the Concourse C renovation?

As a result of the significant changes that have occurred at both Delta and ASA over the past month and the tremendous pressure the cost of jet fuel is now placing on the industry's ability to generate revenue, we have embarked on a thorough analysis of the project to identify any opportunities to reduce construction costs and further streamline the design. Our goal is to maintain the components of the project that are key to our ability to operate an efficient, quality and customer friendly operation while ensuring our costs remain at levels that will keep ASA competitive and in a position to continue to grow.

We hope to have preliminary result of the analysis ready for review by the Leadership team within the next week to ten days and will move forward with the next phase of the project as quickly as possible.

Answered by David Sellers, director - Properties and Facilities

Last edited:
PBRstreetgang said:
Oh really,
PBR
I say again, he’s been hired and placed in the pool via an inside source; someone who’s very high on the hiring board and actually interviewed the guy. Oh, and get it right, its Mo’s BBQ.:rolleyes:
TA

Latest resources

Back