Skywest newhires hear....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tarzan

That ASA will cease to exist in name. I've heard this from a few folks that he's been saying this sort of stuff in Indoc classes. Any interesting rumors from that side of the company?

That ASA will cease to exist in name. I've heard this from a few folks that he's been saying this sort of stuff in Indoc classes. Any interesting rumors from that side of the company?
yep. straight DOH integration. Sorry for your loss.;)

Juts for clarification, is the rumor that ASA will be folded into SkyWest and there will be no "ASA" anymore (all one big, happy SkyWest family!) or that ASA will exist in name only because planes will be transferred and everthing will be flown by SkyWest pilots?

Reeding comprehenshun haz nevr ben my strong soot.

If the planes are transferred, they'll be on the SW cert. Not much point nowadays with getting rid of extra certificates. Look at Republic with three of them.

I had a PC the other day and one of our negotiators was at FS. His opinion, as well as other alpa leadership according to him, was that ASA will be integrated into Skywest. He said the time frame would be 6, 12, 18 mos. I asked what the reasoning was behind the speculation. To this he replied several things about mgt changes and some unmentioned things. He said our #1 priority is scope for ASA pilots, #2 & 3 were pay and retro. I asked if he thought mgt would agree, thru negotiations, to a palatable scope to us and he said yes. I asked if he thought if it would cost $$ and he said possibly.

Goat

I heard that Inc. wants to do away with the ASA name because of reputation. With all the negative publicity surround on-time and baggage handling they don't feel that it represents the holding company well. With the ground crews no longer there they're hoping that those stats will get better and then they'll be able to rename the company and leave behind old perceptions but no plans for integration. How would that work with a union and a non-union carrier?

During the best practices studies that SKYW did after the purchase, the SKYW mgmt team that was here said the plan was to start integrating the company in a year and have it done in four. Their words changed when the whipsaw began. I think they plan to integrate us, but will milk the whipsaw along the way. Maybe they'll wait until the mediator declares an impasse, then we can start negotiations all over again.

During the best practices studies that SKYW did after the purchase, the SKYW mgmt team that was here said the plan was to start integrating the company in a year and have it done in four. Their words changed when the whipsaw began. I think they plan to integrate us, but will milk the whipsaw along the way. Maybe they'll wait until the mediator declares an impasse, then we can start negotiations all over again.

Yeah, that sounds about dirty enough for management.

Latest resources

Back