skywest mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

01WJ

I hear skywest is very picky about the 1000 total time min. I was thinking about going to one of the open houses in my city in a couple weeks. I have over 1000 hours and over 100 multi-engine, but the only thing is I have 92 hours of instrument rather then the 100. Does anyone know if they are strict on the 100 hours instrument too?

Ditto - Especially if it's your home town. Nada to loose and everything to gain. But be respectful if they tell you you don't meet the current mins.

Good luck - Baja

I hear skywest is very picky about the 1000 total time min. I was thinking about going to one of the open houses in my city in a couple weeks. I have over 1000 hours and over 100 multi-engine, but the only thing is I have 92 hours of instrument rather then the 100. Does anyone know if they are strict on the 100 hours instrument too?

I don't think they would be too picky since there is a shortage of pilots. If you have to, just put on your resume that you have 100 instrument and give yourself a few weeks between open house and interview to get the extra 8 hrs.

Yes, they want you to have the mins. I just had a friend with a similar situation. 3 letters from people who work here, and way more than the TT and multi mins, but only 93 hours of instrument.......he made it all the way to salt lake city for the real interview and the interviewer sent him home because he was 7 hours short of instrument time. He was able to convince them that he'd have the time in 2 weeks and was offered another interview date, but the bottom line is, don't show up unless you meet the minimums, or you have a chance of getting sent home.....if you want to gamble, then that's your business.....

ok thanks everyone. I will plan on going and meanwhile I'll try and get in a 172 or something and get the 100 hours for the time being.

if your school has a cheap simulator just hop in that. Skywest allows some of that time to be in a sim. 20 hours I think.

Questions- Skywest mins

These might seem like simple questions, but here goes...

Would the "(Max 20 hours simulator)" time also include approved FTD's?

Also, of the 100 hours instrument requirement if counting 20 hours instrument logged in an approved sim/FTD, must the remaining 80 hours instrument (or the majority of it) consist entirely of actual instrument?

That is, if the majority of the remaining 80 hours was simulated (hood) time would that still meet their requirements?

Regionals still have mins these days?

I'm almost positive hood time counts. I got hired with about 20-30 of actual. The rest was hood and FTD, so something like 50 hrs of hood time. They picked apart my logbook at the interview and didn't say anything.

Latest resources

Back