• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm almost positive hood time counts. I got hired with about 20-30 of actual. The rest was hood and FTD, so something like 50 hrs of hood time. They picked apart my logbook at the interview and didn't say anything.

That's what I'm hoping for. I've only logged about 12 hours actual, 43 FTD (AST-300) -not counting the other 20-30 hrs AST time I did off the books-and 32 hrs simulated (hood), which brings me to 64 hours of qualifying instrument; so I have a way to go yet. However, I still have to do my FAA flight conversion of my NZ CAA license and ratings, so I expect that I will probably log another 15 hours or so under the hood in the process. Even then I'll still be short by about 20 hours; however, I plan to bang that out by doing some IFR x-countries to also meet the 25 hours night x-country requirement for P135. I have just on 500 hrs TT, so I'm hoping to build the rest of my total time with a VFR P135 outfit until I exceed their 1000hrs TT requirement.

Last edited:
I heard they also accept MS flight simulator. As long as you select the foggy weather for the flight.

80 hours must be in an airplane. It doesn't matter if it is actual or simulated.

Buy a 50 hour block of multi and split it with a safety pilot while wearing the hood.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back