• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest looking again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with kittyhawk, I don't know why more companies have not relocated to Florida where the Business economics, personal taxation is one of the lowest in the country, not to mention the year round nice weather..Lord knows the average airline wages are not a problem. I know of several airports / counties that are offering big tax incentives to build there..
Of course not every county is happy, like at MCO where the county and Airport made a large investment in the New Airtran SOC only to see SWA buy them and now ready to move them to Texas... I don't know the curent status but I'm sure there could be a great deal there for some airline....but it does'nt sound like a place for SKW lifestyle, especially with thier nice SGU facility and new airport..

Q of curiosty, how many dx is OO seeking this round?

You guys have folks leaving, or is there more flying coming SkyWest's way?

Since no one's answered your question yet, a couple have left to other industries, and a couple have moved to other positions in the company or within the department, but otherwise no intra-industry attrition in the last few months.

...oh i dont know, perhaps the +100* & 400% humidity ;)

Ya know i hear alot of people out here say that about Florida, but the temp very rarely, if ever hits 100, the evenings are almost always comfortable with a breeze, but more importantly there is no winter to speak of, Late Jan and Feb maybe.. and the humidity is much lower that time of the year, just saying, Guess those that hate humidity are perfect for AZ NM UT NV and CA... I guess that "it's dry heat" thing works but today was 111 here, I don't care who ya are, that freaking sucks...

I for one can't wait to get back out of the desert climate. I'd rather have more in my paycheck than sending taxes to a state and only need a sweatshirt at worse in the winter. The southwest is a great place to visit for snowboarding or gambling if thats your thing.. I just think from a business standpoint, Florida is a better ecomomic climate now and in the future.

With all the carnage in the regional world these days, I'm glad to see SKW doing well. I think they earned it, they have always been a Utah company and employees, which suits them.

Ya know i hear alot of people out here say that about Florida, but the temp very rarely, if ever hits 100, the evenings are almost always comfortable with a breeze, but more importantly there is no winter to speak of, Late Jan and Feb maybe.. and the humidity is much lower that time of the year, just saying, Guess those that hate humidity are perfect for AZ NM UT NV and CA... I guess that "it's dry heat" thing works but today was 111 here, I don't care who ya are, that freaking sucks...

I for one can't wait to get back out of the desert climate. I'd rather have more in my paycheck than sending taxes to a state and only need a sweatshirt at worse in the winter. The southwest is a great place to visit for snowboarding or gambling if thats your thing.. I just think from a business standpoint, Florida is a better ecomomic climate now and in the future.

With all the carnage in the regional world these days, I'm glad to see SKW doing well. I think they earned it, they have always been a Utah company and employees, which suits them.

polarjet... are you clr4thappch?

You have the exact grammar structure, prose, pathos, ethos, and logos.

if not, sorry... just sayin ;)

polarjet... are you clr4thappch?

You have the exact grammar structure, prose, pathos, ethos, and logos.

if not, sorry... just sayin ;)

Not even close. There aren't enough misspelled words and too much use of correct punctuation for be clr4theappch.

Latest resources

Back