• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest junior captain...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They're already the highest compensated 30 seat pilots in the country if you look at the entire compensation package. Most dissapointing was the insulting 0.23 cent raise to the first year FOs.

Supposedly only 12 seats filled in the january class of 70+. They're either going to drop mins or raise first year pay.

Most likely just drop the mins. Every other regional hires with 600/100. (except pinnacle prefers the 250 hour wonder)...so why not skywest?

The problem is that a lot of new hires aren't making it through initial training. Low mins don't do anybody any good. The company wastes a ton of money, and the new hires ends up on the street, and with a failure in his record.

If you guys at Skywest vote for alpa expect that upgrade to go up by 2 years at least.

If you really don't want alpa on property do your part to prevent it. Tear down the fliers they put up. Find out who is involved with the drive directly and in-directly and take down their name and information for later use.

"I hope we don't get any more RFP so the Comair guys can keep their jobs, plus I know my 'brothers and sisters' at both ASA and Comair would do the same for me." RIIIIGGHHTT!

Some of you wouldn't know a moral stand if it bit you in the rear.

Our flat (global) world now requires that we do what's best for "ME" (becuase there is no such thing as loyalty). Sounds bad but the truth is you don't know who you can trust anymore. However I am fairly certain you can't trust management, ALPA, and pilots climbing the ladder at the competition airline.

Truth Hurts, but it's still the truth.

If you guys at Skywest vote for alpa expect that upgrade to go up by 2 years at least.

If you really don't want alpa on property do your part to prevent it. Tear down the fliers they put up. Find out who is involved with the drive directly and in-directly and take down their name and information for later use.

Don't you have a rock to go crawl back under??? Thnx!

Last edited:
If any of them screwed up in any way the persons in power would know.
I want to understand this, so stop me if I am wrong.

Are you suggesting we become "Hall Monitors" for management? Keep track of fellow pilots who want a union on property and then use that information against them if they make a mistake (like we ALL do)?!?!

Please tell me I misunderstand what you are saying, please.

You have to be kidding.

For the record, I am neither pro-union or anti-union. I will make an informed decision when the time comes. Yes, my card is in.

-JP

Joe...I myself am confused. All I know is that what he says doesn't make sense but if he is saying to use information about a fellow pilot against him/her in the future, that is about one step below a scab IMO.

SuperKooter....

I hope you put that 737 type rating to good use and get the hell out of skywest before someone on the organizing committe finds out who you are...dont' worry, I forwarded your posts too them so they can figure it out themselves.

To all of those who are Alpa out there, this guy does not represent the vast majority of current and/or former skywest pilots out there.

Mookie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back