• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest junior captain...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want the Delta RFP to pan out for your company, then you are indirectly hoping that Comair will furlough. You can't have it both ways.

Again, I never said that I wanted the Delta RFP to pan out for SkyWest, I'm just mentioning what I heard is going to happen.

Anyone who voted on that pathetic "pay-increase" or is anti-ALPA at SkyWest does indeed have a disire to put Comair (and ASA) pilots on the street. I'm not saying you fit into those catagories.

Voted...we don't have a union, so what good is the vote. It came down to, do you want the few extra bucks and split the 70 rate, or don't you. We have don't more for our pilot group by splitting the rates than to have said "no thanks". If we did vote in Alpa, it would be to protect our pilot group. Not to fix the problems that Comair or ASA has.

I'm not pro ALPA, and I don't want to see the RFP go to us. how's that?

I am pro capitalism, pro free market, and pro competition.

signed,
Formerly ALPA, happier now

I'm not pro ALPA, and I don't want to see the RFP go to us. how's that?

I am pro capitalism, pro free market, and pro competition.

signed,
Formerly ALPA, happier now

Well, Hopefully you can maintain your good cheer after OO goes ALPA. Why don't you want the Delta RFP? Wouldn't OOs winning the RFP fall right in line with capatalism, free market economy, and competition?

ALPA won't come here, at least not soon. only 28% or so of cards have been sent in.

I don't want the RFP just because I don't want OO to get that big. However, if we can compete for it and win it, I understand that.

are you anti free market? competition? capitalism?

ALPA won't come here, at least not soon. only 28% or so of cards have been sent in.

I don't want the RFP just because I don't want OO to get that big. However, if we can compete for it and win it, I understand that.

are you anti free market? competition? capitalism?

I'm just anti loosing my job to SkyWest

Anyone who voted on that pathetic "pay-increase" or is anti-ALPA at SkyWest does indeed have a disire to put Comair (and ASA) pilots on the street. I'm not saying you fit into those catagories.

Yeah, well, they don't give a hoot about their own pilots either....the Bro guys didn't get $hit. Get this though.....right after that poo proposal passed, the company comes out with a memo asking for ideas from the pilots to be more efficient, etc. Yeah, ok, you gave us no money and now we are going to help you out? NOT!

Yeah, well, they don't give a hoot about their own pilots either....the Bro guys didn't get $hit. Get this though.....right after that poo proposal passed, the company comes out with a memo asking for ideas from the pilots to be more efficient, etc. Yeah, ok, you gave us no money and now we are going to help you out? NOT!

They're already the highest compensated 30 seat pilots in the country if you look at the entire compensation package. Most dissapointing was the insulting 0.23 cent raise to the first year FOs.

Supposedly only 12 seats filled in the january class of 70+. They're either going to drop mins or raise first year pay.

Last edited:
The first class in january was mostly upgrades. The second class will be newhires and transitions, no upgrades. Hopefully they will increase first year pay even more. I hear check airman are growing tired of quality (or lack of) of new FO's and are bidding the -700 to avoid IOE.

Dam n. Brakillya captain came at 1 year (FAT) back when I was there. And people thought that was quick...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back