SkyWest it's easy... ASA '98 103/hr your current 900 99/hr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

There should be no question at all.. our ASA pay rate on 70 seat captain is higher than your captain 900 rate and we are working on a 1998 contract.. 1 9 freaking 9 8

Our FO rates on the 700 FROM 1998 are better than your 900 rates today.. $43 vs $41

Although you dont like it, Jerry bought us, and now we are in bed together...We need to be on the same page and that means you need to vote...

It would be great if you vote in alpa because it will be IMPOSSIBLE for OUR owner JA to whipsaw you and me to get the cheapest product..

If you do not vote in alpa.. ASA rates will always be one dollar higher than skywest...(like price is right $1)

Last edited:
True but doesn't Skywest also get fairly large bonus checks that ASA doesn't get that actually pushes the W2's well over ASA's hourly pay? Just saying yes hourly is less at Skywest but at the end of the year a Skywest pilot will be ahead, plus no ALPA dues every month adds up to alot more in their pockets.

Absolutly spdbrd. A 5 year captain at skywest can make up to 90k. I have seen a 5 year captains W 2 and I couldn't believe it. They make a lot more than we do.

Absolutly spdbrd. A 5 year captain at skywest can make up to 90k. I have seen a 5 year captains W 2 and I couldn't believe it. They make a lot more than we do.

they can do better than that, even. believe it!

while i agree with the general 'whipsaw' arguments, and will cast a vote for alpa, i do have to somewhat agree with the previous posts. i am sick of the hourly rate being the 'catch all'......

when i was a second year fo making 34 a hour, my final w2 for the year was over 15k more than my buddy at asa flying for 37 a hour.....and I only picked up a handful of jrman trips.

I am sure they can. It is funny that we at asa wants more money per hour, but they make a killing more than we do.

I agree as I made just over 63k last year as a 5 year fo and flew 996 hours with a ton of overtime. It was crazy that I felt like I lived at ASA. I know that fo's at skywest are making a ton more than I am.

There should be no question at all.. our ASA pay rate on 70 seat captain is higher than your captain 900 rate and we are working on a 1998 contract.. 1 9 freaking 9 8

Our FO rates on the 700 FROM 1998 are better than your 900 rates today.. $43 vs $41

Although you dont like it, Jerry bought us, and now we are in bed together...We need to be on the same page and that means you need to vote...

It would be great if you vote in alpa because it will be IMPOSSIBLE for OUR owner JA to whipsaw you and me to get the cheapest product..

If you do not vote in alpa.. ASA rates will always be one dollar higher than skywest...(like price is right $1)

You just don't understand do you. And No-Friggin-Way does ALPA get on Skywest' property. Sorry man if you were counting on them to integrate the two and make your job at ASA better. I dont care if you make 10 more an hour at every step up the ladder. The Skywest pilot will bring home way more than you and have a better QOL. It is great being at an airline and not hating management. Good luck though. ALPA SUCKS

You just don't understand do you. And No-Friggin-Way does ALPA get on Skywest' property. Sorry man if you were counting on them to integrate the two and make your job at ASA better. I dont care if you make 10 more an hour at every step up the ladder. The Skywest pilot will bring home way more than you and have a better QOL. It is great being at an airline and not hating management. Good luck though. ALPA SUCKS

Not hating management and not having ALPA have nothing to do with eachother.

However, I do believe ALPA is likely to be voted in. I am sick of being nickled and dimed to death. Just last week I was told that I couldn't pick up a trip for JR man pay because it was on a vacation day. WHERE THE FK DID THAT COME FROM?!?! They just make stuff up, and I AM SICK OF IT! How many times do they arbitrarily change policy in labor's favor?

I like this airline, but I know it could be much better.

and will cast a vote for alpa

when i was a second year fo making 34 a hour, my final w2 for the year was over 15k more than my buddy at asa flying for 37 a hour.....and I only picked up a handful of jrman trips.

so, we have it better here, but you'll cast a vote to make us more like other places that are ALPA (ASA, MESA, Comair, etc.)

why?

Latest resources

Back