SkyWest is hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Missed Approach

https://www.ultirecruit.com/sky1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*01158C30F1B5F860

Requisition Number 10-0548
Post Date 11/24/2010
Closing Date 12/3/2010
Title First Officer Pilot
City Open
Minimum Hiring Range Will discuss at interview
Department Flight Operations
Description CLICK HERE FIRST to learn more about; Minimum Requirements, Training, Pay, Reserve, Domiciles and the Interview Process. Then click on the link below to complete an application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

Assist the PIC in conducting the flight safely and efficiently
Assist the PIC and/or passenger service personnel as needed to ensure a prompt departure
Assist or relieve the pilot-in-command (PIC) in manipulation of the flight controls of an aircraft while underway, including taxiing, takeoff and landing of such aircraft
Requirements Minimum Requirements:
Certificates / Ratings: Commercial/Instrument/Multi engine
Flight Experience: 1,000 - hours total time 100 - hours multi engine 100 - hours instrument (Max 20 hours simulator) Recency of experience will be considered
Medical: Must possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate. Must pass FAA mandated Drug Test
Authorization to work in the United States: Must have established authorization to work in the United States
Driver's License: Must possess a valid United States Driver's License
Education: Graduation from accredited, four-year college preferred

---
Looks like 1 class of 20 per month until something changes.

Interesting. I would think they still need to make a lot of offers to the United furloughs. I does seem like we could loose a lot of people to Delta, Southwest and hopefully FedEx next year.

Scott

The United furloughs are a savvy bunch. They have gotten so used to getting screwed that most have found much better solutions than to come to SkyWest. The next class could not be filled by United furloughs. Only about 14 wanted in.

It will be interesting to see what the company does about their requirement to allow J4J furloughees directly into the jet and brasilia FO's that have a standing bid for the jet.

The United furloughs are a savvy bunch. They have gotten so used to getting screwed that most have found much better solutions than to come to SkyWest. The next class could not be filled by United furloughs. Only about 14 wanted in.

actually i never even got called, and im 250 from ual's bottom-- ( i got called a few months back for the brazilia but declined)

actually i never even got called, and im 250 from ual's bottom-- ( i got called a few months back for the brazilia but declined)

I was in the IAH CP's office last week, and two of the CPs stated that CAL will be hiring UAL furloughs as soon as we have our furloughs all set for training. They said a new bid may be coming out in Jan that would show this. The numbers they stated were 75-100 are needed by June. This could be the reason some UAL furloughs are holding off going to Skywest.
FWIW.

Yogi

I was in the IAH CP's office last week, and two of the CPs stated that CAL will be hiring UAL furloughs as soon as we have our furloughs all set for training. They said a new bid may be coming out in Jan that would show this. The numbers they stated were 75-100 are needed by June. This could be the reason some UAL furloughs are holding off going to Skywest.
FWIW.

Yogi

Very few....if any of the UAL furloughed bubba's want to go to Skywest. However the CAL deal will go senior! We at least go back at out last UAL pay rate ($92 an hour for the top furloughed guys)

Latest resources

Back