Skywest is buying ASA??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E-Bay perhaps?

Seems to me that if you wanted to get the highest price for an ASA or Comair, you would be ADVERTISING it all over the world to get as many bidders as possible. This would also scare some of the more reluctant bidders to get actively involved. Skywest might have to buy one of the subs as a tactical move to head off Mesa or Independence or Mesaba or whoever might have a couple hundred million burning a hole in their pocket. Well, that might leave out Indepence then.

~~~^~~~ said:
Continental is buying Delta!

Delta is switching to Lemon Lime Coke!

Delta called GEICO, saved a fortune on their car insurance!

I don't like the lemon lime that much, but if your cousin's father-in-law's brother-in-law's sister's son's girlfriend's hairdresser who once saw a widget on TV says it's true, I guess I can't argue.:D

Here's an idea, why doesn't someone send Brad a message and ask him if we bought ASA if it would be a DOH or percentile merger of the list?

Not that I'm entitled to speak for all ASA pilots or anything, but I can tell you SKW types that as far as ASA pilots are concerned, it's DOH or burn the new company down. Our pilot group is already pissed to the point of mutiny because of the way our management treats us, and if a buyout resulted in anything other than straight DOH integration, I promise that our pilots would go postal. The new company would inherit a mess.

We are very pro union and extremely militent, especially among the junior pilots of less than 5 years (which is a majority of our pilots). This subject has been debated ad nauseum on our in-house ALPA forum, and our pilots won't settle for getting rolled over in a merger/staple or separate list/whipsaw situation.

Could Skywest purchase ASA and maintain it as a seperate airline? Is a seniority integration required by either PWA?

ifly4food said:
Not that I'm entitled to speak for all ASA pilots or anything, but I can tell you SKW types that as far as ASA pilots are concerned, it's DOH or burn the new company down. Our pilot group is already pissed to the point of mutiny because of the way our management treats us, and if a buyout resulted in anything other than straight DOH integration, I promise that our pilots would go postal. The new company would inherit a mess.

We are very pro union and extremely militent, especially among the junior pilots of less than 5 years (which is a majority of our pilots). This subject has been debated ad nauseum on our in-house ALPA forum, and our pilots won't settle for getting rolled over in a merger/staple or separate list/whipsaw situation.

With comments and childishness like this, no wonder DAL wants rid of you!!! Be a professional and be fair.

Yogi

DontFeedTheBear said:
With comments and childishness like this, no wonder DAL wants rid of you!!! Be a professional and be fair.

Yogi

Maybe Mesa got DL flying because they agreed to buy ASA

ifly4food said:

I think a good number of ASA pilots feel this way. It's not an attack against Skywest. I like Skywest. Just not enough to give up my position to a Skywest pilot. Unification is very important here, though and getting that done would be a high priority.

captain caveman said:
I think a good number of ASA pilots feel this way. It's not an attack against Skywest. I like Skywest. Just not enough to give up my position to a Skywest pilot. Unification is very important here, though and getting that done would be a high priority.

Then why do you have a problem with relative seniority? You KEEP your position, seat, domicile etc. you just don't gain any seniority at the expense of others? Geez, why isn't that fair? It could be a lot worse, remember that the purchasing company has the advantage. You have a lot of 'class act' SKYW pilots asking for relative integration, not a staple.... Is this a sign of a true professional? You should really ask yourself that question...

Yogi

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back