Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
Then why are they coming here?

Either way, they will be a the bottom of someone's list. Nothing much changed....

Your post doesn't make much sense, I would like to know the ramifications of a buyout/merger on an ASA new hire. Why are they going there? They want a job I suppose but as I said they don't know what's going on, maybe if they knew I could give you a better answer to why they're going there.

Rogue5 said:
Believe it when you see it, never before.

Until then, why don't you be a good boy and not post internal information on public forums?

Just a thought.

P.S. to all at ASA: should this thing go down, the first beer is on me...

Are you serious? Since when has the "rumor mill" at any company been consider sensitive internal information?

Baronman said:
Your post doesn't make much sense, I would like to know the ramifications of a buyout/merger on an ASA new hire. Why are they going there? They want a job I suppose but as I said they don't know what's going on, maybe if they knew I could give you a better answer to why they're going there.

Greetings..

How can they not know whats going on.. Tell them to pick up a paper or watch the news, then they'll know. I would'nt think about going anywhere without knowing the financial health of the company or its parent company.

Good luck

aircowboy said:
Just throwing this out there everyone is buzzing here at SkyWest with the news that the deal to buy ASA is almost complete. Our pay negociations have stalled out because our management is in Atlanta, even our president of our pilot organization confirmed this so my question is..... is the rumor mill producing the same amount info over there at ASA??? Does anyone have any info??

It's funny that you mention this because I had a jumpseater coming out of LEX yesterday from Skywest who was saying the samething. He said that the CEO of Skywest said that if there was a buyout that he would make sure it was a DOH merger so that there wouldn't be any uprising from the now ASA pilots. We also talked about ALPA getting on the property at Skywest and that it was almost a done deal last year and if ASA came on that a vote would pass very quickly. I'm a little hesitant because I don't know if I want to be bought by an airline that does so much for Yo'nited.

If straight DOH happens I think you will see some pretty upset SkyWest pilots. ASA has a more senior pilot group. I think a percentile merger, possibly with fences for equipment and/or seat would be more fair. Fortunately, I have heard a rumor that there won't be any attempt to staple the ASA list. I don't want to see that happen, either. If this merger ends up happening, I hope we can just find an integration method that does the least amount of damage to the fewest people's lives/careers.

ps United may not be in the best shape right now, but big D isn't doing much better. At least this way you wouldn't have all your eggs in one basket.

I don't want any pilot at either airline to get screwed, however if this ends up hurting SKYW guys, they are going to be some pretty pissed off people. Theres just no good in an aquisition for the pilot groups. But if the president of the pilot association is talking about it, somethings up. I woke up this morning expecting to perhaps see something. I hope it doesn't happen.

RoyalAviation2 said:
I don't want any pilot at either airline to get screwed, however if this ends up hurting SKYW guys, they are going to be some pretty pissed off people.

As opposed to "if this ends up hurting ASA guys, there are NOT going to be some pretty pissed off people"?!?

I'm just trying to sort out what you are saying.

I think it's obvious that if any group gets "hurt" there will be pissed off people. That's the way of the world. And the way of airline mergers. No one ever feels like they got what they deserved.

Last edited:
Bluto said:
If straight DOH happens I think you will see some pretty upset SkyWest pilots. ASA has a more senior pilot group. I think a percentile merger, possibly with fences for equipment and/or seat would be more fair. Fortunately, I have heard a rumor that there won't be any attempt to staple the ASA list. I don't want to see that happen, either. If this merger ends up happening, I hope we can just find an integration method that does the least amount of damage to the fewest people's lives/careers.

ps United may not be in the best shape right now, but big D isn't doing much better. At least this way you wouldn't have all your eggs in one basket.

I would agree with this meathod. I'm 1785/2000 right now at SkyWest which is 89%. Adding 1500 ASA pilots would bring us to 3500. I would be 3125/3500 after a merger, same relative seniority. I would like to transfer to SMF. Throwing up some fences around current bids would be great so ASA pilots don't cut in front of me. They could have seperate bids for a while, freeze the bids and after everyone from each company has been accomidated, then everyone could be on the same bid list. You knew what the domiciles were at the comany when you decided to work there. I think this would be the fairest way to deal with everything, and there would be the least amount of disruption.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back