• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest is buying ASA??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about ASA and Comair merging, and then Delta can sell us as an IPO. That should bring in quite a few bucks. Then we get rid of ASA's poor excuse of a management, use Comairs, and inherit there contract, unfrozen of course. I would love to see Chuck T and his fellow ex TWA'ers get the boot. I would personally hold the door for them.

viper548 said:
Here's an idea, why doesn't someone send Brad a message and ask him if we bought ASA if it would be a DOH or percentile merger of the list?
One of my buds was in CPT. charm school and this very question was asked,
B.H. replied "DOH" period.
Prepare for the burning sensation, if it happens it' s gonna hurt.
PBR

ifly4food said:
Not that I'm entitled to speak for all ASA pilots or anything, but I can tell you SKW types that as far as ASA pilots are concerned, it's DOH or burn the new company down. Our pilot group is already pissed to the point of mutiny because of the way our management treats us, and if a buyout resulted in anything other than straight DOH integration, I promise that our pilots would go postal. The new company would inherit a mess.

I can almost guarantee that if the ASA pilots did that, they would be out of a job pronto. SkyWest has very little tolerance for insubordination, and since they're a non-union company, it would behoove new pilots to act accordingly.

Now if ALPA is ever on SkyWest's property, then.......

IFLYASA said:
How about ASA and Comair merging, and then Delta can sell us as an IPO. That should bring in quite a few bucks. Then we get rid of ASA's poor excuse of a management, use Comairs, and inherit there contract, unfrozen of course. I would love to see Chuck T and his fellow ex TWA'ers get the boot. I would personally hold the door for them.

I wish it would happen exactly as you've written, but unfortunately I think it never will. Hopefully none of us finds ourselves working for Mesa Air Group when this all shakes out (Ornstein will definitely have a he11 of a labor problem; that's a promise:mad: ).

Best of luck to all of us.

KAK

IFLYASA said:

Stop dreaming. That has been my best case scenario since I have been at Comair. Comair and ASA need to be one list, enough jerking around. You guys are a good group and together we can do well for all of us. Anything else is bad. We can do our own thing just fine.....together. Merge us and spin us!
Skywest wouldn't touch either one of us, delta would do better in ch. 11 keeping both. I could see a CAL/DAL merger and XJT/CMR/ASA merger and going from there would be good.
Don't take offense, but I would rather bag groceries than fly for skywest. Period!!!!! If I wanted to go there I would have interviewed when I had 600 hours.

N813CA said:
Morgoth vbmenu_register("postmenu_622780", true);

Dude, did you just say behoove?

Um, yeah...I guess I did. :)

From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:
Main Entry: be·hoove [url="http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif"]http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif[/url]
Pronunciation: bi-'hüv
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): be·hooved; be·hoov·ing
Etymology: Middle English behoven, from Old English behOfian, from behOf
transitive senses : to be necessary, proper, or advantageous for <it behooves us to go>
intransitive senses : to be necessary, fit, or proper

:D

Last edited:
DDpaysoff said:
Don't take offense, but I would rather bag groceries than fly for skywest. Period!!!!! If I wanted to go there I would have interviewed when I had 600 hours.

You guys are the most uptight and conceited group of pilots I have ever seen. You are a true embarrassment to the profession. I hope you don't end up slinging gear for me...Oh and SKW doesn't hire at 600hrs!!! I guess ASA did...

Yogi

This is ridiculous. All three pilot groups, Skywest/ASA/Comair, are good people. You guys are slamming each other over a scenario that is probably never gonna happen. If it ever does happen, then the only way would be DOH, all three groups would sacrfice and gain.

DontFeedTheBear said:
You guys are the most uptight and conceited group of pilots I have ever seen. You are a true embarrassment to the profession. I hope you don't end up slinging gear for me...Oh and SKW doesn't hire at 600hrs!!! I guess ASA did...

Yogi

Sorry dude, I just never wanted to go there. What about that makes me conceited? Just because people don't see skywest the same way you do doesn't make them up tight and conceited. Yeah, I'm too good for that crap, flying around freaking 100 seat jets for saab pay or whatever. The bottom line is if you try to screw ASA/CMR they will drag your beloved company into the gutter. Best of luck to you over there. Don't swim in my pool non unionized whor.es. Grow a fking sack.

Yeah, I'm an embarassment, I am the one flying 50 seat jets for 50 seat rates and 70 seat jets for 70 seat rates. Can you say the same? Thank god your CEO is too intimidated of us to ever buy us, we will never have to deal with any of this in a serious matter. So, let's just leave it there. Good day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back