Skywest is buying ASA??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DontFeedTheBear said:
You guys are the most uptight and conceited group of pilots I have ever seen. You are a true embarrassment to the profession. I hope you don't end up slinging gear for me...Oh and SKW doesn't hire at 600hrs!!! I guess ASA did...

Yogi

Just from reading all of his posts, I'm getting the gut feeling that someone around here is fearful of a merger because he would get pushed backwards severely. If you're not prepared for it, go find another profession.

Welcome to reality. It's the first door on the right.

LTG

I think he already hinted at his "other" profession...bagging groceries. Perhaps he should start looking now!

Its funny the SKW guys are running around saying...."Staple ASA, or % integration, or 2 for 1 or whatever.......ITS ONLY FAIR!" Why all of a sudden is that fair???? Just because yours would be the buyer? Would you be screaming the opposite if you were being bough??? He.ll NO!! That is the answer. If ASA were buying you, would you be posting things like, staple us or just give us a percentile???? NO FREAKIN WAY, and you know it! Here's the fair way, if you dont want to integrate by DOH......SKW operate ASA as a subsidiary, fence everyone in for x years. Only ASA still gets screwed by this, because there may be no growth for ASA.

DOH!

DDpaysoff said:
Don't take offense, but I would rather bag groceries than fly for skywest. Period!!!!! If I wanted to go there I would have interviewed when I had 600 hours.

I hear Albertsons, Safeway, and Ralph's are all doing some hiring. Best of luck with your career there. Good news - at least for now there is no PFT so you won't have to do that again like so many of your colleagues did.

BTW, you might have been able to get a job throwing bags at 600 hours but nothing else.

Dave Benjamin said:
I hear Albertsons, Safeway, and Ralph's are all doing some hiring. Best of luck with your career there. Good news - at least for now there is no PFT so you won't have to do that again like so many of your colleagues did.

BTW, you might have been able to get a job throwing bags at 600 hours but nothing else.

Dave,

At least you put your real name on the screen here. Should be interesting when the ASA guys intermix with you at your SLC lounge eventually. Prepare to have your a$$ kicked by all of the old ASA PFT's.......(hide that nametag, and hide in the corner)

Bye Bye--General Lee

The General Has Spoke!!!!!!

Last edited:
I like the idea of ASA being bought by Xjet. At least they would all have more in common...300hrs TT, PFT, they all had the same professors at Riddle, holier than thou attitude of wholly owned...etc.

Somehow I don't think Dave has to worry about getting his a$$ kicked by asa guys in the SLC SkyWest crew lounge... Maybe in DEN by his own guys is a different story (nothing but love for ya Dave).

Personal feeling...this thing is NEVER going to happen b/c it would force the lovely folks at SGU to have to get their hands dirty (that and have to spend too much time in ATL), and that just ain't Christian.

Peace,
Mookie

If the deal goes through as anticipated with a DOH integration ASA guys will be the ones with an advantage. Average time with the company is higher at ASA than it is at SKYW. SKYW pilots will go down in seniority on a percentile basis.

If someone would rather be bagging groceries than flying for SKYW then we should sincerely wish him the best of luck in his bagging career. No pilot at either airline is likely to be too excited about a merger. Attitudes like his are counterproductive for everyone. If he wants to throw out blanket insults then he can expect some right back at him.

Does anyone know if General Lee is a former ASA PFT guy? His post sure makes it sound that way and I know he used to be an EMB captain so he could be former ASA. If somebody wants to lose their job and possibly a fight "kicking my ass" as the General suggests then it's up to them. Nothing I've said is untrue.

If my QOL suffers post merger I'm just going to bid back to the right seat and go back to having a 25 minute commute. I can make up the difference in income with my side business and to be honest it might happen regardless of a merger.

Ultimately if a merger occurs SKYW pilots will have no real control over integration. It will be decided by ALPA and SGU. Unless the ASA contract is different than every other ALPA contract I've seen there will be some merger/acquisition language in there to protect the interests of the unionized ASA pilots.

Last edited:
Dave Benjamin said:
If the deal goes through as anticipated with a DOH integration then ASA guys will be the ones with an advantage. Average time with the company is higher at ASA than it is at SKYW.

If someone would rather be bagging groceries than flying for SKYW then I sincerely wish him the best of luck in his bagging career. No pilot at either airline is likely to be too excited about a merger. Attitudes like his are counterproductive for everyone.

Does anyone know if General Lee is a former ASA PFT guy? His post sure makes it sound that way and I know he used to be an EMB captain so he could be former ASA.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for caring. No, I flew for Midway Connection in the early 90's, also flying Do-228s and then Captain on the E120. I got to see all of the stuff Chicago Express saw later. It really takes ballz to print your real name on here, and you must have them. Have fun with the ASA guys when they enter your lounge. That would be great to see.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee said:
Hey Dave,

Have fun with the ASA guys when they enter your lounge. That would be great to see.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm sure the vast majority of ASA pilots are professionals that don't share your high school mentality GL.
I'm not too worried.

Don't you find it a bit odd for someone hiding behind a screen name that claims to be an ASA pilot slamming SKYW? From what I can tell ASA is fairly comparable in many respects to SKYW. I think their work rules might be a bit better. At the end of the day it's just another regional airline, isn't it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back