• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to the pdx fair and got a call last week and they have me coming in next week for an interview. Anyone else from PDX heard anything?

BlueRidger,
I'm curious, how much turbine PIC time do you have? If your ultimate goal is to get on with a major, then I would stick it out at ACA. I can't imagine that Skywest is that much better than ACA, to give up your J41 captain position. I'm assuming that your a captain. Anyway, good luck with your decsion and just remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

NightFlyer

Hey Blueridge,
I used to hear you guys all the time when I flew freight out of Raleigh & Greensboro. I'm now with SkyWest & love the company, but reserve is reserve....

If you can go to that American Aviation place already suggested, I would do that if I was you. I went there and worked with a guy named Kevin Strain & he was awesome. The difference is that he (or some other SkyWest guy working there; there's probably a few) know the profiles to the letter of what they do on the interview sim ride. Kevin worked me over, but good, and when I went for the sim ride it was a piece of cake. It sure was nice to walk in there and see the exact same approach plates, and profiles that I had just been working with.

Otherwise, as far as East Coast...what about that big flight school at Manassis airport. I don't remember the name, but I remember they used to have a lot of different sims in there.

One last thing...If you haven't yet, check out skywestpilot.com and follow the interview prep thread.

Good luck.

he's no one!

remember, the first rule of Fight Club is..........

Blue Ridger,
Try Av ED at Leesburg Airport (JYO) #703-478-1036. I know they have a sim in Tysons Corner or Vienna not more than 10 min from IAD. Good luck!

Technical interview

Attended the PDX fair, and got the "Congrats, you've passed" e-mail on 04/04/02. I am still waiting for the call for the next portion of the interview.
How many of you have already been called in for the Simulator-Technical interview (what background and times do you have)?

Can't wait to go to SLC!
:)

Latest resources

Back