• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Interviewing daily??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure what's going on with Midwest. We're still hiring this month. Just received an FO Update from BV that said Midwest is very happy with us and our procedures.

How much that holds if they go belly up is schiet!

dude they are parking all the 80s and will now park 5 of the 25 717s. Asking for 50% paycut from the pilots....anyway you look at it we are losing that flying and probably in a hurry...wonder what the game plan is for the 20 odd rjs in midwest colors.

O and ps there are no interviews in July

How is it that interviews and classes are ongoing, when my buddy in the current Brazildo class called me from Fresno this morning to say that his class got furloughed today, right before sim? What the hell is going on over there? Anyone have a clue when he and his class might get called back?

Your buddy is a DUBB@SS!

dude they are parking all the 80s and will now park 5 of the 25 717s. Asking for 50% paycut from the pilots....anyway you look at it we are losing that flying and probably in a hurry...wonder what the game plan is for the 20 odd rjs in midwest colors.

O and ps there are no interviews in July

I know exactly who would LOVE to have those 21 CRJ-200s. But I can't say. Believe me, they'll find work SHOULD the Midwest deal go kaput.

I hope SkyWest management is as smart as everyone says they are. I would say Midwest is on the way out and UAL isn't exactly doing stellar. No matter how good of a service you provide, it does no good if two of your partners go out of business. UAL and Midwest represents approximately 70% of SkyWest Airlines business. SkyWest Inc. may continue to do alright, but their subsidiary SkyWest Airlines may not need so many pilots, FA's and airplanes.

I hope SkyWest management is as smart as everyone says they are. I would say Midwest is on the way out and UAL isn't exactly doing stellar. No matter how good of a service you provide, it does no good if two of your partners go out of business. UAL and Midwest represents approximately 70% of SkyWest Airlines business. SkyWest Inc. may continue to do alright, but their subsidiary SkyWest Airlines may not need so many pilots, FA's and airplanes.

True about Midwest.

But as much as UAL sucks in almost every way imaginable they are in a better financial position than a number of other airlines.

The current situation is just a race to see who bleeds out first...based on the financial summaries I have seen USAir and AA are close to the bottom financially, while UAL is further up the list. Mesa is at the very bottom of the list of course.

If things continue as they are Airways and AA should go BK first, followed by liquidation due to lack of available financing. The loss of two legacies, especially AA, should spur congress to do SOMETHING...

"First of all, the Bro is better than any airplane that you've ever flown."

Buddy, you can take your 10-inch Brazildo, shove it up your a$$, and sit on it.

Latest resources

Back