• Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pookie said:
Whenever i see the rj guys in the same lounge, i see them pissed and upset about the contract, .

What contract? Remids me of the Delta FAs I spoke to once who went on about their union and contract....obviously unaware that they had neither of them.

SKYW Pilot said:
"Many third year Brasilia CA's make only slightly more than FO's on the Jet."

Ya... have to disagree with you there... $13.00/hr is not "sllightly" more. 13 x 1200 hrs/yr = $15,600/year difference in pay. Plus you're logging PIC turbine. Also, our profit sharing is based off how much you make so that would go up also. Just an observation.

Well,
Take a senior F/O, compared to a junior Cpt, compare paychecks and there you go. I did the above and the Cpt. who provided the comparison check was more than a little suprised. PIC turbine? That and $5.00 will get you a starbucks, not many pilots of either ilk getting hired at majors right now. Profit sharing= joke. Note, observation with rose colored, koolaid stained glasses may lead to checkairman job, enjoy those 8 leg days!
PBR

With the RJ upgrades going as junior as they are, you should really be considering the F.O. "lifer" pay to RJ, not EMB, PIC pay.

I'll take my hot dogs at Wrigley on reserve any day...

Then it just comes down to quality of life, which you really can't quantify. Single guys with no mortgage or family commitments can move to ORD on reserve much more easily than those of us dragging a family cross-country.

Latest resources

Back