Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
K

kj6991

Does anyone have any hiring info for the end of this summer and into the fall. I'll most likely interview in a few months and was curious if anyone had any info as to how many classes they plan on running the rest of the year.

I'll be a low time guy interviewing. Heard a rumor they will be slowing down the Brasilia hiring, but my buddy told me a lot of Bro guys will be transitioning after their seatlock is up this fall. Are they hiring CFI's into the jet at all? thanks for the info, much appreciated.

kj

i have been told we will not see a jet becuase we dont have turbine time by a number of people. I was also told that upgrade time in the bro is a lot quicker and most people like it better.

SkyWest is hiring people into the jet without turbine time. They are hiring for both aircraft for awhile

Chicagopilot22 said:
I was also told that upgrade time in the bro is a lot quicker
Generally that's true, but there are people with 14 months with the company getting the CRJ upgrade in ORD.
Chicagopilot22 said:
and most people like it better.
But I have to disagree with you on that one. The bro is a lot of fun, but it's also a lot more work. Many third year Brasilia CA's make only slightly more than FO's on the Jet. Don't get me wrong, getting hired into the Brasilia is by no means a bad thing. In fact, I'd recommend it. Generally, you'll get off reserve quicker, and hold the domicile you want sooner, but as far as the schedule and pay is concerned, it's tough to beat the jet.

Just curious...its probably been posted before but....does SkyWest pay you during training? Just wondering. Also What is first second third yr pay and upgrade look like. I am a coorporate guy looking for something more stable and long term. Do they discriminate against guys with 737 types? Thanks

"Anyone can go home, but only the blessed go home to TEXAS!"

I guess i am blessed then.

Only 2 months based newark and now back home in Houston.

Sorry to hijack but i liked your quote.

Carry on!

Just apply to ASA, then you will be working at Skywest, so they say every two weeks. There you go, had to wet a line on this one

"Many third year Brasilia CA's make only slightly more than FO's on the Jet."

Ya... have to disagree with you there... $13.00/hr is not "sllightly" more. 13 x 1200 hrs/yr = $15,600/year difference in pay. Plus you're logging PIC turbine. Also, our profit sharing is based off how much you make so that would go up also. Just an observation.

100 hrs/month? Do Emb Ca's work that much (exceeding 121 limits), or are your trip and duty rigs that good?

Our duty times are based on part 135 on the emb side, so you can go to 120hrs if you want. If you do the math, a second year fo at $34ish with a 90 hr credit line (easy to do), including per diem of $1.6/hr, you make roughly the same as the emb captain on reserve making $48 at 75 hrs. the kicker is the rj fo will have at least 4 maybe 5 days off more per month. I was lucky and came over to the emb after I could hold a line, and did make significantly more than I did as an rj fo. the same principles will apply as well to emb-rj captain based on holding a line. ergo....quality of life for many guys is driving their reluctance to commute to the rj...

Mookie

Latest resources

Back