• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYWEST in LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure the Delta/United guys will love it who ever it's for. At least it wasn't mesa.... How do these things happen is Skywest the only CRj7 operator that can do this, I wonder if there were any other bidders for the LAX flying.

There was no RFP or bid because there was no new flying. SkyWest is just moving pilots around. FWIW, I'd heard we putting up 50+ people a night in LAX.

OO pilots in MRY. They announced MRY closure in the same email.

They're just moving some people around from the outstation domiciles to LAX, which the outstations were feeding anyway.

It makes sense, a bunch of people live in the LA area and were commuting to FAT, PSP, SBA, SLC, DEN, ORD, etc.

NO, it doesn't(make sense)!! A lot of people don't ever want to live in the SmellA area, and would prefer the outstations where they have chosen to live, since they have been domiciles as long as SkyWest has been around.

NO, it doesn't(make sense)!! A lot of people don't ever want to live in the SmellA area, and would prefer the outstations where they have chosen to live, since they have been domiciles as long as SkyWest has been around.

It does make sense. I was in on a conversation just recently with a couple of checkairman (they seemed to know what they were talking about) that said that Skywest eventually wants to have "Superbases". SFO is the next big base to open and with several more closures except for FAT. SBA will be the last to close in California. Even SAN will go away. COS is safe but TUS is up in the air. (I wonder if TUS is dependent on whether Skywest gets US Air flying out of PHX). Skywest is transforming into a different kind of company. All this to take place over the next 2 years.

That's been their intention for quite a few years. They couldn't quite make it work, so they opened LAX and SFO as reserve bases. FAT, PSP, and COS to stay open because of maintenance requirements. TUS is up in the air. Thats why they leased rather than built.

All of our C-Checks are done in TUS and they signed a 10 year lease on the hanger. It's my understanding that they didn't build because the city wouldn't put up the money to build the infrastructure. You have to maintain the airplanes some where and you can't do it in LA or SFO; FAT and PSP don't have enough RJ's flowing through. TUS has 7 or more RONs and pilot bases usually coincide with MX bases. I'm not selling my house yet.

Latest resources

Back