SkyWest Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jeep4X4

I know this has been covered before, but the most recent information would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know how much future hiring is forecasted? I am trying to decide on whether or not to leave a current 121 job to Skywest. Also, how junior/senior is DEN - estimates on how long to hold it? Any idea seniorit of most junior guy in denver? CA and FO - both A/C. Thanks

I've heard around 250 or so for the rest of the year. Someone probably has better info on that but I've heard a mix of Brasilia and RJ classes are planned throughout the year.

You can probably get DEN right out of training on the CRJ. On the Bro, it will take a few month to get DEN. I think most junior guy in DEN is like 50 from the bottom.

In the RJ, DEN is the second most junior domicile (to ORD) for both Captains and FO's.

DEN is also scheduled to grow the most second to ORD, although not by nearly as much as future 70-seaters (okay, 66-seaters) arrive, especially the 6 planes in Jan 06 and 7 planes in Feb 06.

Check the Fleet delivery schedule at http://www.skywest.com/invest/fleet_sched.php

On a related note, I wouldn't be surprised if SkyWest starts paying new hires in training.

Word is that there is a shortage of qualified people who are willing to go to SkyWest. No-shows at interviews are common, and people are going elsewhere to work.

But don't be fooled when SAPA announces that it "negotiated" the return of new hire pay. The idea of SAPA negotiating anything is an oxymoron. The reality will be that mgmt allows SAPA to take credit for something that was going to happen anyway.

thanks for the replies - any rumors about hiring after the a/c deliveries are finished in Feb? Trying to make the most educated decision here.

Is it hard to get an interview without knowing someone to walk in your resume? Ive had my app online for months now and no call. any advice greatly appreciated? Thank you!

Yes it is hard without knowing people in there. Go make some friends! :)

FD

Spinplate

I got a email within 2 days (those were a weekend) for a interview in SLC. I think what helped me was 121 time. Good luck

And me was Turb. PIC + friends.

(yeah I know, who wants to be friends with me?)

FD

Latest resources

Back