• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me: No 121, no turbine, no friends at Skywest.

Online app in on Sunday, email invite Monday about 11 a.m. for the following Monday. (Actually there were a list of available dates, but by the time I opened the email in the afternoon and replied, only the following Monday and Tuesday were left.)

Didn't get the RJ for sure. Don't know about a Bra offer yet.

Interviewed next day a couple of states away at my first choice (due to very short commute, pay during training, and better first year pay), and got that one.

Good luck to all.

What, SkyWest is having a hard time filling classes?

If you're willing to work for up to 10 weeks without pay, spend up to a $1000 on your uniforms and Jepps, share a room with someone in training, and then get paid $19.02 an hour to fly fly a 70 seat jet while getting abused on reserve the first year ...

... and have the opportunity to upgrade as RJ Captain in around a year or two?

As long as that possibilty exists (as much as one can count on any future trends in this industry), I seriously doubt SKYW will have problems getting newhires from all over the industry.

Have you flown with any of the new guys out on the line? Almost all I've seen are furloughs from ACA/Indy and Chicago Express, or those that have jumped ship from other airlines (Lakes, Mesa, etc.) for greener pastures. Few of the proverbial 1000 hr CFIs fill the classes these days what with all the experience out there.

I am not saying any of this is right, not by any means, I'm just looking at this from the perspective of the state of our industry and it makes me think I wouldn't expect too much from SGU heading towards newhires anytime soon...

Socalplt said:
What, SkyWest is having a hard time filling classes?

If you're willing to work for up to 10 weeks without pay, spend up to a $1000 on your uniforms and Jepps, share a room with someone in training, and then get paid $19.02 an hour to fly fly a 70 seat jet while getting abused on reserve the first year ...

huh? you have to buy your own jepps?

and how long do you sit reseves? is it over a year?

Last edited:
SAN may take a while as it is a small base and there are a half dozen or so guys wanting in right now. Since the EMB base aren't growing you'll have to wait for someone to leave in order ot transfer in. LAX and SBA probably wouldn't take to long to get. This all assumes you get assigned the EMB. Most people with any turbine time will be assigned th RJ.

You pay for you initial subsription of Jepps, about $200 I think. Reserve in a place like DEN or ORD will probably be only a couple of months. The further you head out west the longer you'll be on reserve. All of the additional growth is going into ORD and DEN.

As far as the upgrades, with all of the hiring that has gone on in the past year (500+), someone getting hired this summer probably will wait alot longer than a year or two.

Jepp + Uniform = 275$

Jepp: 104
1 pair of pants: 60
Blazer: 100
epileute: 10

You can spend more if you want, but they only require you buy one pair of pants. If you already have shirts, tie, pants etc... from last job (or from Khols), you can save alot of money. Up to 500 dollars is payroll deducted at 35 dollars a month.

Latest resources

Back