Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eric

See you in the Wasatch!
Hello there. I've used the search function, but it hasn't produced the info I'm looking for. and I haven't been on the board for a while so I'm a little out of the loop. If someone would be so kind to provide some quick info., it would be much appreciated.

How many people or how much longer are/is SkyWest planning to hire? How many new planes are on the way? Which bases do the newhires typically get, and is the class seniority based on age? What percentage of the newhires get the prop v. the jet, and does previous RJ experience sway that? How long is upgrade currently rumored to be?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Eric

Skywest is not hiring right now. Probably won't be until the early 2006. The chart shows 2 new airpanes in Dec, 6 in Jan, and 5 in Feb. Nothing after that has been announced.

New hires in the CRJ were typically getting ORD, COS, SLC. EMB were all over the map. It's tough to say what aircraft a new hire can expect- just depends on company need at the time. Previous CRJ experience will sway the decision for a jet seat. Seniority in class is determined by the last four digits of your Social Security number- 0000 being at the top of the class. I was second from the bottom with 9800!

Tough to predict what upgrade is right now. Most junior captain published on the EMB was hired 5/2004, and on the CRJ, 3/2004. The bottom 35 captians on the seniority list are all in ORD then between DEN and COS for the next dozen or so.

Thanks for the info. I thought SkyWest was in more of a hiring frenzy than you suggest. I read some gouges at AviationInterview.com. Maybe I didn't read them closely enough.

They were hiring for a while up until last month. I dont know if they are even doing interviews anymore. They have stopped hiring to see what their staffing needs are.(did that make sense?) and to see what is gonna happen with the Delta Bankruptcy. At least thats what they were telling people in the interviews last month. I have also heard rumors that Delta is taking away about 20% of their skywest flying and United is cutting down on some of the brasilia flying. Can anyone confirm this?

ClearRight,
Can CRJ newhire not get DEN out of class??

Hey South Tex,

The Noog is pretty good, but the wife and I are ready for some snow country. How is the River Walk?

From what I hear there is about 40-50 in the pool. I don't really know otherwise suppose to be classes starting again around Jan 1 but I personally think more like Mar 1. I don't know, will see.

Eric,

SkyWest is just waiting for Delta and United's 2006 flight schedule and they will start training accordingly to their needs. They anticipate it to be around December and training should resume by January. Hope this helps

I applied with them last month, and recieved this form letter via email 2 weeks ago:

Thank you for your interest in a First Officer position with SkyWest
Airlines. While we are currently gathering resumes we are not actively
conducting interviews at this time. Please continue to visit
www.skywest.com to update your profile and receive the latest information on
future opportunities. Additionally, we will contact you and let you know
when we begin interviewing in the future.

blackbox said:
ClearRight,
Can CRJ newhire not get DEN out of class??

Last I heard, DEN was pretty well staffed. Of course that changes month to month. A newhire could be awarded ORD, then a month or two later in the next class shuffle get DEN without ever having to step onto the ramp in ORD.

despite the hiring, any thoughts/rumors of 50 seaters being parked as is beginning to be the trend in the industry? hate to get hired to be put on the street a year later because of a reduction in flying

Latest resources

Back