• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Ground Handling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SKYW is in a dangerous spot right now. Their cash value is so great somebody may be tempted to move in and choppy choppy. Just an observation.

W
Yeah,
Buy it and get all that nifty ground equipment. SKYW leases the planes, and all the contracts have poison pill provisions, hostile takeover invalidates all the contracts, per the contracts.
Ding fries are done!
PBR

Yeah,
Buy it and get all that nifty ground equipment. SKYW leases the planes, and all the contracts have poison pill provisions, hostile takeover invalidates all the contracts, per the contracts.
Ding fries are done!
PBR

Sorry I touched a nerve.

"Impairment of Long-Lived and Intangible Assets

As of December 31, 2007, we had approximately $2.7 billion of property and equipment and related assets. Additionally, as of December 31, 2007, we had approximately $28.5 million in intangible assets."

Math isn't your strong suit. I understand.
The mop bucket is in the closet.

W

Sorry I touched a nerve.

"Impairment of Long-Lived and Intangible Assets

As of December 31, 2007, we had approximately $2.7 billion of property and equipment and related assets. Additionally, as of December 31, 2007, we had approximately $28.5 million in intangible assets."

Math isn't your strong suit. I understand.
The mop bucket is in the closet.

W
Wipe your own jizz up. JA said in a recurrent that the poison pill clause made SKYW a very unlikely take over candidate.
If you have enough to buy a majority shareholders position, I guess you can sell 2.7B('07 value) in property assets, good luck with the real estate sales in this market, the SKYW moneymaker is the contracts, not the real estate and assets to support an airline.
Whatever
PBR

I'm thinking anyone who possibly has the cash to buy SKYW is smarter than buying an airline, any airline, right now. And, I don't believe we'll be seeing any leveraged buyouts anytime soon.

Though, having mainline ground handle regionals would definitely create a hurdle for earning potential performance rewards.

Latest resources

Back