• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest getting closer to furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW, you have graduated from Pinnacle bashing to ALPA bashing.

Quick question: when Mesaba was in bankruptcy and the judge was shoving a unbelievably concessionary contract down the pilots throats, who was it that came in at the last minute and brokered a better deal with snap-backs?

As I recall, your arrogant self was on furlough at the time. If it wasn't for an ALPA negotiated CBA, you wouldn't have been on furlough, you would have just been laid off or fired.

Congratulations, you are now the biggest idiot of all time on FI.
That doesn't even deserve a rational response. Keep drinking the ALPA koolaid. I hope it works well for you 9E guys in the next 6 months. Keep the 5 year old name calling to yourself.

That number is an average industry-wide. Take that for what it's worth. But if one hasn't been furloughed yet, chances are they will.
Get rid of ALPA and see how quick the industry changes for the good.

O.K.--It's real difficult not to respond this absurd statement. But, I will give you a chance to explain yourself. What good do you think would happen if ALPA disappeared? Please, share your vision as I will keep an open mind. And, while you are at it, explain how ALPA has engineered furloughs as part of the game plan and is responsible for the demise of this industry. Thanks!

Last edited:
Bull********************. You're an eagle guy on reserve who got turned down for a GJ interview. Just a few months ago, you had 3000 hours working for a charter in the Middle East. Now you have a 5000 and are a g5 pilot in Chicago? You also said you fly the G5 based in the Middle East. Get your lies straight.

WOW-

That really is a low-blow..... "Turned down for a GoJet interview."

-We all know that no one sucks that bad!

siucavflight is correct.

Pilots need to take a hard look before they take a crap regional/airline job. Eastern is the poster child for this...look how long ago that was, no one has forgotten.

This industry is a small world, you can't undercut you're fellow pilots without consequences.

Drink the Koolaid or man-up and pay your dues like most of us have.

Thats what the GJ guys do not understand, they keep talking about how the majors, corporate departments, and cargo carriers do not care. True they do not care because the people that do the hiring have no idea what GJ is, however as people like me start filtering into the jobs listed above we remember what GJ did, so the tide will slowly turn, GJ will become a dirty word to most hiring boards.

If you are just starting to look for alternatives now, you are way behind the curve. I started 20 years ago, and have always had options, they vary, and most times 3-4 options. Getting into this business without looking at the history is well.......you get it now?
PBR

Thats funny. I always "got it" that the industry or airline I am working for could close doors, the difference is that I don't think I am as worried about it. Go with the flow :)

Latest resources

Back