• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest get midwest flying.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Christ I could have thought of five other regionals that needed this a hell of a lot more.

SKYW is becoming a frickin black hole that all RFP's get sucked into...before the others can even touch it.

Anyone know who the other finalists were?

Scope

Is there a scope with Midwest limiting there partners to 50 seat capacity? It seems strange that they would not opt for 700s.

No scope for Midwest, though I do think there's one for Skyway. That's the first thing I asked when I heard about this. But the flying will be done for Midwest Airlines by Skywest, and so they can really do anything they want.
It's a matter of semantics who they're technically flying for, since it's all the same company anyway, but there it is...

"We chose SkyWest because of their experience, their excellent record of operational performance, and a commitment to customer service that mirrors that of Midwest, explained Scott R. Dickson, Midwest Airlines senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Source: Midwest Airlines, Inc.

Riiight. And guess which of the three has the lowest payscales. Don't even need to give you a hint.

This would have been great for AWAC's who still live in ORD, and even better for Coex who needs to avoid furloughs. Instead the kool-aid at Skyw gets thicker and the upgrade drops even lower. yay

Can the SkyWest FAs handle the cookie baking? Thats the real question. I think we (XJT) lost the RFP because ours couldnt.

I don't know, have you seen our flight attendants lately! It was probably because Midwest was worried they would eat all the cookie dough and there would be none left for the passengers.

Christ I could have thought of five other regionals that needed this a hell of a lot more.

SKYW is becoming a frickin black hole that all RFP's get sucked into...before the others can even touch it.

Anyone know who the other finalists were?

Lay-off the Hater-ade bro!

Riiight. And guess which of the three has the lowest payscales. Don't even need to give you a hint.

Here's what I don't understand about this line of thinkng: when your union goes in to negotiate pay rates, I'm sure one of the main talking points (rightly so) is that pilot pay scales have a minimal impact on overall operating costs and a negligable impact on the ability to obtain new flying.

Then new flying is awarded to another carrier and you attribute its loss primarily to pilot payscales.

You can't have it both ways...

I guess CEO Rankin really didn't have something in mind for the Midwest Deal. Well let's see about how well Skywest can provide " THE BEST CARE IN THE AIR"

Here's what I don't understand about this line of thinkng: when your union goes in to negotiate pay rates, I'm sure one of the main talking points (rightly so) is that pilot pay scales have a minimal impact on overall operating costs and a negligable impact on the ability to obtain new flying.

Then new flying is awarded to another carrier and you attribute its loss primarily to pilot payscales.

You can't have it both ways...

Excellent point . . .

Latest resources

Back