• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest flying out of ATL in Dec.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was in the crew lounge when JA came to ATL to meet the people, He offered your current (what ever SKW has) to our group.

If it's not a formal proposal at the negotiating table with the mediator present, it's not an offer. All he has to do is tell ASA mgmt to call us to a formal session and present this offer. He hasn't done this and he won't because that would end his ability to whip-saw. He'll make empty proposals at town hall style meetings and leave us wondering why we're not accepting proposals that don't exist.

On the other hand, I don't know why ALPA hasn't brought the SKYW agreement to a meeting with tweaks to meet our needs and asked the company to sign on to JA's so-called offer.

As far as the ASA crew lounge thing, no worries, Skywest will have their on crew lounge in ATL. You will never see a Skywest pilot in the ASA crew lounge in ATL.

Most likely, they will be parking on A or B, not C!

And they won't have to walk though ankle-deep pee to use the urinal.

I highly suggest a walk down west Virginia Avenue for the full Atlanta experience.......It's really nice at night........

Well of course SkyW will be flying 900's out of ATL in Dec. Duh!

You're all welcome to come to my crew lounge. If I'm in there, I'll make a pot of coffee and show you around.

Thats the way Comair treated me and my crew when we went into CVG and thats how I and most ASA crews will treat you guy's when you come to ATL. If someone acts like an A S S, just pitty them for the misserable POS they are and be glad you're not them.

I think this is the first time I have agreed with Ohplease. Just be prepared to hold, wait for parking, and sorry a$$ ground support. Other than that you should be greeted kindly. We are all in this together. Good luck guys.

Sounds just like how Air Wisconsin was in DEN and ORD. God help us.

So if you were JA what would you do? Pay some pansies $10hr versus 30 to do the same job? It's great to be them until we get a cheap contract and then they will be us but it won't take four yrs or more b/c they will be forced to take it in four days. That will suck for them worse than it's sucking for us, shock-factor in four days.

So if you were JA what would you do? Pay some pansies $10hr versus 30 to do the same job? It's great to be them until we get a cheap contract and then they will be us but it won't take four yrs or more b/c they will be forced to take it in four days. That will suck for them worse than it's sucking for us, shock-factor in four days.

Every time I read a post like this I just shake my head. YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!! You could agree to fly for nothing and Jerry Atkin would still not break Skywest up, or make conditions so bad that pilots would destroy it from the inside. He has run this company since his early 20's. He's not a gun for hire. The failure of Skywest Airlines would be his personal failure. ASA on the other hand, is an investment.

Is it perfect? No. But there is just enough give and take to keep it successful. He pushes just enough to keep the union off the property. The pilots use the threat of a union to get most of what they want.

Again, notice that the people bitching about Skywest don't work at Skywest. Even the people who support the union, don't talk about an evil management, or people getting screwed over. They usually talk about unity with the rest of the industry, or they talk in general terms about job security, or the ALPA toolbox, or Flying the Line, but nothing personal like what you have going against your management.

So if you want to settle for a "cheap contract" go for it, but do it for yourselves, not for Skywest airlines.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back