• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Flight Attendants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are idiots. I am more concerned if a FA can do her job than what she/ he looks like. I have seen some pretty ugly pilots sitting next to me so if you want to raise the standard for FAs then do the same for pilots.

People are people regardless of what they look like and how much one weighs.

Big difference is pilots are paid to transport people from A to B safely. Often times, the people on the plane never see the pilots. FAs role is more of a customer service gig. Having someone who is in good shape, looks great and smiles adds to the customers experience. Not saying its right but, it is what it is. Personally, I am not too concerned about FAs competence as I know how to open an exit and get out. Not too complicated.

You guys are idiots. I am more concerned if a FA can do her job than what she/ he looks like. I have seen some pretty ugly pilots sitting next to me so if you want to raise the standard for FAs then do the same for pilots.

People are people regardless of what they look like and how much one weighs.
But it is different, I am not trying to f#ck the pilots on the overnights.

Big difference is pilots are paid to transport people from A to B safely. Often times, the people on the plane never see the pilots. FAs role is more of a customer service gig. Having someone who is in good shape, looks great and smiles adds to the customers experience. Not saying its right but, it is what it is. Personally, I am not too concerned about FAs competence as I know how to open an exit and get out. Not too complicated.

So you wouldn't want the Cristina Jones and Hermis Moutardier of the F/A world to be on your planes. I'll bet you, had AA not had these two professional, well informed and seasoned F/A's on board Richard Reid would have blown that plane up. Now as a larger, straight male F/A I can tell you that more pax tell me they feel safer with me on board than the twig that is in the back serving coke and a bag of peanuts. It truley isn't about customer service, it is about making the passengers experience safe and enjoyable. If a passenger feels safe they will enjoy the ride.

Another thing having some of these larger F/A's on the airplane is a great advantage. I have had to pick up pax with disabilities to get them in there W/C and how about lifting the overweight gentleman out of 3f because he thinks he's having a heart attack. We provide safety first, quality service second. Also its not about opening the door it's about commanding an evacuation! I can also tell you that I would prefer having someone who can do their job more than if they looked like pam anderson and couldn't find the POB.....

I love women.

I love hot women

Now as a larger, straight male F/A.....

I can also tell you that I would prefer having someone who can do their job more than if they looked like pam anderson and couldn't find the POB.....

These two statements contradict themselves.

We provide safety first, quality service second. Also its not about opening the door it's about commanding an evacuation!

You see, that's the problem. FA's think they are there "primarily for your safety." That's why so many of them think they are the cabin police. I disagree. What percentage of FA's have ever commanded an evacuation? How many passengers have ever been hindered from evacuating due to a laptop bag poking out from under the seat, or a seat back being reclined an inch?

FA's need to relax, not take themselves so seriously, and serve the peanuts. They are there because the FAA mandates it for those extremely rare occasions when a safety issue may arise. They do occasionally have a role to play regarding the safety of the passengers, but 99.999% of the time they are there to provide customer service. They just don't realize this, so they go patrolling for "safety" violations to make themselves feel useful. Someone needs to inform them that their role is primarily customer service and occasionally safety.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back