• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest First Year FO Pay Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um, yeah actually, it does. They have no union, by their choice, so that makes them non-union by definition. This isn't complicated. Try to keep up.

actually no it doesn't ,ALPA is not the only union out there, granted as you said we do not have a union which i am not happy about but i am not going to vote in a poor choice union for my people just because it is a union, a lot of people want a union but feel that ALPA is not right for skywest, number one it doesn't feel like they will be able to represent a regional and a major at the same time, number two their past seems pretty bad, most every ALPA person i talk to says "stay away from those theives," as was said before where were they when United lost their pensions, if they are so great why is USairways trying to get them de-certified. In every thread i seem to see the same pattern you say that either you are with ALPA or aginst a union altogether, this is simply untrue. I am definatly for a union, and would be for ALPA at a major carrier, but from my experience and what i have heard from ALPA regional pilots i would not vote it in for us. I also didn't get any good feelings or ideas from talking to any of the ALPA reps and supporters that were around. Most were just like, well, umm YOU. "Join us or we will destroy you" nothing productive, no ways of saying here's what we can/will do for you, just "join us or we will destroy you" and as some of your fellow ALPA members have said, one shown here:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=105300&page=2

I dont care if it hurts my co-workers/fellow union members I will get my revenge on you for not joining my group. Welcome back to highschool

actually no it doesn't ,ALPA is not the only union out there, granted as you said we do not have a union which i am not happy about but i am not going to vote in a poor choice union for my people just because it is a union, a lot of people want a union but feel that ALPA is not right for skywest, number one it doesn't feel like they will be able to represent a regional and a major at the same time, number two their past seems pretty bad, most every ALPA person i talk to says "stay away from those theives," as was said before where were they when United lost their pensions, if they are so great why is USairways trying to get them de-certified. In every thread i seem to see the same pattern you say that either you are with ALPA or aginst a union altogether, this is simply untrue. I am definatly for a union, and would be for ALPA at a major carrier, but from my experience and what i have heard from ALPA regional pilots i would not vote it in for us. I also didn't get any good feelings or ideas from talking to any of the ALPA reps and supporters that were around. Most were just like, well, umm YOU. "Join us or we will destroy you" nothing productive, no ways of saying here's what we can/will do for you, just "join us or we will destroy you" and as some of your fellow ALPA members have said, one shown here:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=105300&page=2

I dont care if it hurts my co-workers/fellow union members I will get my revenge on you for not joining my group. Welcome back to highschool

PCL is right. We voted down union representation. Therefore, we are non-union. I don't care how many unions are out there, none of them are representing us.

As for United, they were in Bankruptcy. Different rules apply. But, ALPA did help from getting everything slashed.

At US Air, they agreed to Binding Arbitration. Then, when the arbitrator ruled, they didn't like it. So how is this ALPA's fault? It was Binding Arbitration!

And, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our ALPA supporters. All the ones I met were anything but "join us or die!".

--SP

One of the 911.

Latest resources

Back