• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest F/O reserve daily schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow that's interesting that you guys don't sign in. We have to on our first leg showing up for work 45 minutes prior to departure.

89% is junior. The smaller your percentage the more senior you are. SLC has a good mix of 200/700/900 flying. We fly all 3 in one day sometimes as a reserve. You could do BOI or IDA turns or fly the 900 back to Houston and not come back west of the Rockies for 4 days. You never know where you will go.

MSP is the most junior base for RJ FOs, followed by IAH. It seems most guys are getting assigned there out of training. A few newer FOs just got in to SLC but it had been about 7 months since anybody new came to SLC on the RJ.

Wow that's interesting that you guys don't sign in. We have to on our first leg showing up for work 45 minutes prior to departure.

We used to have to call in (check in) within 8-2 hours before show time on day one. We got rid of that provision. New management tried to impose that check in thing (at a crew room computer) but we all ignored and refused it. We are adults and dont need to check in. If someone doesnt show up, we simply call scheduling and let them know which crewmember is missing. Our FAs didn't get rid of their check in requirement so now they have to do it.

I bid reserve on the SLC RJ captain side.. 9am-9pm. January. Worked 7 days. Mostly locals ORD turns DEN turns and sit airport ready for a few hours... or 2 days. One leg the first day, overnight, 3 legs the next. Febuary was even better, tell the end... Just one local each week. Then got sent to SFO for 4 days to sit TDY reserve out there.. Only flew the first day... Its realy a roll of the dice. I dont put call first and i bid to start 4 day reserve blocks on sundays... My goal is to be skiing at 9 am.... If they call its usualy not tell 12-1 ish for a 3-5pm show. Works for me. Or you may even already have a late turn on your sked. So you can leave the phone off and just show up at your show time...... Other then TDY sitting in a hotel out of base for 4-5 days at a time, its not bad.... Plus because i don't fly my reserve days much. I pick up standups or locals on my days off and that brings my pay up to 90-95hrs... If they worked me every day i would'nt do that. You need time off to keep your insanity..... Hope that helps..

4 years of reserve at Skywest in SLC for me. It is a VERY senior base for first officers. After 4 years I bid at about 89%, meaning 89% of first officers in the base are senior to me. In MSP I would bid about 20%. I get used almost every day on reserve and I have had a mix of am, pm, and lc reserve lines as explained above. In the slower months I do mostly 2 day trips and some locals. During busy months like March, December, or summer months I get a lot of 4 day trips.

Have to agree it's very senior for the RJ. I've been here 6 years and I bid 60%. No possible jet upgrade for another 1.5 years. I can hold bro capt in FAT. I still fly 4 day trips with sunday starts, though they are higher paying usually around 23-24 hrs.

Have to agree it's very senior for the RJ. I've been here 6 years and I bid 60%. No possible jet upgrade for another 1.5 years. I can hold bro capt in FAT. I still fly 4 day trips with sunday starts, though they are higher paying usually around 23-24 hrs.[/QUOTE]

If you can hold Bro Captain, why don't you take it? Seems to me being on reserve as a captain would trump reserve as an FO. Unless you are avoiding the commute in which case makes sense.

I just realized I could hold it when an FO junior to me was awarded it. I'll now be in the next class, but I totally agree commuting will suck again, but it's a means to an end. Actually looking forward to the ca system.

On another note: former Comair folks, is the uniform the same at SkyWest or do I need to actually buy another $$$?

Thanks for that info. If you're 4-4. Can you get a call at 359 for a 659 departure? Also, how does the 12hr call out reserve work? Thanks!

Latest resources

Back