Skywest Domicile ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freighthumper

What are the chances of a new hire getting SLC as a base? If none, any ideas of long it would take to be senior enough to bid it?
Thanks

Things are always changing. In the Bro, it might be fast because there is a bunch of guys transitioning to the jet. In the jet, most newhires go to ORD, but I would imagine you could get back to SLC farily quickly. Don't worry, since SLC our largest base, there is always movement (on the FO side). Don't make your decision solely on getting SLC out of newhire class. You'll get it soon enough.

Brasilia Flyer said:
Things are always changing. In the Bro, it might be fast because there is a bunch of guys transitioning to the jet. In the jet, most newhires go to ORD, but I would imagine you could get back to SLC farily quickly. Don't worry, since SLC our largest base, there is always movement (on the FO side). Don't make your decision solely on getting SLC out of newhire class. You'll get it soon enough.

What is a bro? Do you mean a bra?

Last edited:
No, it's Bro as in BROsilia at SkyWest. Don't ask me why. That term predates me by a long time.

I'm sure somewhere they do fly a bra. . . In fact I have some ideas where they might, but its purely speculation. Here at Skywest however, we do indeed fly the Bro.

2 questions

1. What type of commuter policy do you guys have?

2. Will you know what aircraft you have been awarded before groundschool?

thanks for the info!!

I don't believe we have a commuter policy, but I don't think anyone has been fired before for missing a commute.
Yes, you will know which airplane you will be getting before groundschool.

Latest resources

Back