Skywest Domicile ?

freighthumper

Total Time
What are the chances of a new hire getting SLC as a base? If none, any ideas of long it would take to be senior enough to bid it?
Thanks

Brasilia Flyer

Total Time
Things are always changing. In the Bro, it might be fast because there is a bunch of guys transitioning to the jet. In the jet, most newhires go to ORD, but I would imagine you could get back to SLC farily quickly. Don't worry, since SLC our largest base, there is always movement (on the FO side). Don't make your decision solely on getting SLC out of newhire class. You'll get it soon enough.

amcnd

Total Time
Newhires have been getting SLC before they leave ground school!! (in the jet)

RP170

Total Time
Brasilia Flyer said:
Things are always changing. In the Bro, it might be fast because there is a bunch of guys transitioning to the jet. In the jet, most newhires go to ORD, but I would imagine you could get back to SLC farily quickly. Don't worry, since SLC our largest base, there is always movement (on the FO side). Don't make your decision solely on getting SLC out of newhire class. You'll get it soon enough.

What is a bro? Do you mean a bra?

Last edited:

propjockey

Supreme Commander
Total Time
No, it's Bro as in BROsilia at SkyWest. Don't ask me why. That term predates me by a long time.

Brasilia Flyer

Total Time
I'm sure somewhere they do fly a bra. . . In fact I have some ideas where they might, but its purely speculation. Here at Skywest however, we do indeed fly the Bro.

Terrain Terrain

Total Time
A LOT!
2 questions

1. What type of commuter policy do you guys have?

2. Will you know what aircraft you have been awarded before groundschool?

thanks for the info!!

ilkwamh2

ILL-INI
Total Time
I don't believe we have a commuter policy, but I don't think anyone has been fired before for missing a commute.
Yes, you will know which airplane you will be getting before groundschool.

RP170

Total Time
Brasilia Flyer said:
I'm sure somewhere they do fly a bra. . . In fact I have some ideas where they might, but its purely speculation. Here at Skywest however, we do indeed fly the Bro.​

Ah must be at Gulfstream. They aren't cool enough to call it a bro like you guys huh?

Bako Cap

Total Time
I missed my commute two months ago. I called crew support and was honest about the situation. I tried to take the last opportunity to get to work and the connecting flight was delayed 2.5 hours for weather. I hooked up with the trip in a different domiclie and flew the rest of the trip. I didn't get a call from anyone about the missed commute. Now I'm sure I can't screw up like that every month and expect then to not care, but they understand that crap happens.

strega7

Total Time
7500+
A few years ago, same thing for me. Picked up my trip on day 2. No one said anything.