• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottweiller

So why would Skywest be doing a lot of advertising for F/A's in the MSP area the past few days if they didn't feel / know they had the NWA RFP??

Discuss.

Because they are desperate for FA's...

They've been holding these hiring events in cities outside SkyWest domiciles / cities for years.

We've got 2 ladies who sole job at SKW is to go to different cities and recruit FA's. MSP is just another fishing hole.

So why would Skywest be doing a lot of advertising for F/A's in the MSP area the past few days if they didn't feel / know they had the NWA RFP??

It's possible that residing in MSP (or at least working there) are a group of employees who have proven they can be trained as flight attendants and might be nervous about their jobs.

I'm sure many of them work at a company with the first letter 'P' and the last letters "inacle".

Just a guess.

I'm sure SkyWest is actively pursuing NWA flying, but as stated above, this is far from the smoking gun proving that they've been awarded it. Many of our flight attendants relocate for this job, and they're pretty much always hiring.

We've got 2 ladies who sole job at SKW is to go to different cities and recruit FA's. MSP is just another fishing hole.

When I lived in SGU, I happened to live next door to one of these ladies. I was talking to her about it one day. They severly dried up their hiring pool by going to SLC, SFO, LAX, SMF, SAN, PSP, etc.. every month holding group interviews. A couple of times a year, they go to places like MSP,DC area, MIA, to try to hire more people.

Same reason they do it in MEM, ORD, DTW, SLT, SFO, NYK, etc etc. They need FA's and they need to hire.

They were hiring personnel in CVG a couple weeks before it was announce Skywest Inc got some of Comair's 70 seaters.

Erjfo

While the whole SkyWest ALPA thing is interesting, the thing that I find the funniest is how lame some of the supporters are. ERJFO does not work for SkyWest, but goes into every thread and posts the link. He either works for Express Jet and is angry about the loss of flying there (union carrier chataqua took that and I can understand the anger) or he works for chataqua and is worried because SkyWest actaully won an RFP (12 Commair aircraft) which means that there is a speed bump in their quest for regional dominance. Either way I think that it is funny.

The job is changing, and not for the better. It's either fly for an airline that is growing, or fly right seat for 5+ years ala Eagle. Even though I'm not a fan of the small pay raise that some of the SkyWest pilots received, at least those guys are still growing and upgrading and getting their PIC time in order to move on. I know that this will make a lot of people angry, but I'm just pointing out the facts. Many pilots are in a bad place right now because of the state of the industry. I feel bad for them. But SkyWest ALPA is not going to solve anything for other pilot groups. It MIGHT help SkyWest pilots it MIGHT hurt them, but it will do nothing to save Express Jet's flying, it will do nothing to save Commair's flying.

While the whole SkyWest ALPA thing is interesting, the thing that I find the funniest is how lame some of the supporters are. ERJFO does not work for SkyWest, but goes into every thread and posts the link. He either works for Express Jet and is angry about the loss of flying there (union carrier chataqua took that and I can understand the anger) or he works for chataqua and is worried because SkyWest actaully won an RFP (12 Commair aircraft) which means that there is a speed bump in their quest for regional dominance. Either way I think that it is funny.

The job is changing, and not for the better. It's either fly for an airline that is growing, or fly right seat for 5+ years ala Eagle. Even though I'm not a fan of the small pay raise that some of the SkyWest pilots received, at least those guys are still growing and upgrading and getting their PIC time in order to move on. I know that this will make a lot of people angry, but I'm just pointing out the facts. Many pilots are in a bad place right now because of the state of the industry. I feel bad for them. But SkyWest ALPA is not going to solve anything for other pilot groups. It MIGHT help SkyWest pilots it MIGHT hurt them, but it will do nothing to save Express Jet's flying, it will do nothing to save Commair's flying.

I don't know anything about ERJ dude but maybe their concerns are broader than the company they work for. Maybe they're concerned about the pilot industry as a whole and realize that if we could become more united we would have more pull than fighting against each other, something management loves. But you're right, nobody cares about anyone or anything except themselves and their company and all that will do is continue the "race to the bottom". I guess I'll see you down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back