• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest doing eagle flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once American/US Airways gets its act together watch how fast 50 seaters leave the property. Parker has already talked about having way too many 50 seat RJ's. They just replaced 14 50 Seaters for 9 CRJ 900's.

And its gonna be interesting to see what happens with AirWisconsin.

Once American/US Airways gets its act together watch how fast 50 seaters leave the property. Parker has already talked about having way too many 50 seat RJ's. They just replaced 14 50 Seaters for 9 CRJ 900's.

Your right. This business has no place
for a well managed airline with a good pilot
contract. Unfortunately it does not appear
that the investors are interested in putting
more money into the aircraft side of this anymore.
I don't think it will happen, but I still hope
Air Wisconsin would buy Mesa.

Your right. This business has no place
for a well managed airline with a good pilot
contract. Unfortunately it does not appear
that the investors are interested in putting
more money into the aircraft side of this anymore.
I don't think it will happen, but I still hope
Air Wisconsin would buy Mesa.

I think US Airways will resign with AW. They can't replace that many planes all at once. They will probably resign for maybe half the aircraft or have a plan for exiting certain planes each year. If your a 50 seat RJ driver you gotta plan on much reduction in flying in the future. I work for Piedmont and we are probably in the same boat as AW. We no fleet replacement our days might be numbered in the next 2-4 years. Sad to see since they both are really good pilot groups with pretty good contracts. Good luck!!

Last edited:
I think US Airways will resign with AW. They can't replace that many planes all at once. They will probably resign for maybe half the aircraft or have a plan for exiting certain planes each year. If your a 50 seat RJ driver you gotta plan on much reduction in flying in the future. I work for Piedmont and we are probably in the same boat as AW. We no fleet replacement our days might be numbered in the next 2-4 years. Sad to see since they both are really good pilot groups with pretty good contracts. Good luck!!

The bright spot for you is that you will be at Airways.

Air Wisconsin to purchase Pinnacle in two years from Delta.

Additionally don't forget that Air Whisky has a seat on the board of USAirways...

Whiskey I believe don't have a seat anymore. That was paid out and whiskey tripled there money. I could be wrong.

Latest resources

Back