• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest CRJ or Left Seat King Air 350

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LAS to MKE, soon to be DEN. Going on 5 months now. It's a good company...I can't really fault Skywest, I just haven't liked it and don't know if I have the patience to wait for it to get better...assuming it will. Ultimately it comes down to I want a job where I live in domicile and none of Skywest's bases really appeal to us to move to.

Last edited:
vegas pilot - have you considered FAT? You will hold a line there long before DEN or SLC. SkyWest does it in the Bro and i think Mesa does a couple a day as well. 5 months will probably get you a line there may help out that QOL just a bit.

I'm trying for NetJets and a couple other fractionals with Vegas gateways...plus a couple of local Vegas operators.

Eagle...thanks, I've thought about FAT, just not sure how the commute would work out. Something to think about though.

LAS to MKE, soon to be DEN. Going on 5 months now. It's a good company...I can't really fault Skywest, I just haven't liked it and don't know if I have the patience to wait for it to get better...assuming it will. Ultimately it comes down to I want a job where I live in domicile and none of Skywest's bases really appeal to us to move to.

Amen on the commute thing brother! I'm wondering if this 121 thing is "worth it", especially as the reserve lines are holding steady with no new growth and Delta pulling flying.

Have you considered that SAN, SBP, SMX, SBA, PSP, SMF, TUS, PDX, and MRY are all pretty great places to be based? Could be considered better places to live than LAS too?!

All good suggestions, but we just moved to Vegas after moving once already in the past year so we are done moving for now. Plus we have family in Vegas. Thanks though.

Have you considered that SAN, SBP, SMX, SBA, PSP, SMF, TUS, PDX, and MRY are all pretty great places to be based? Could be considered better places to live than LAS too?!

At 19.25 an hour you out of you mind bro. Every base above except PDX and TUS would cost your whole pay check just for rent.! If you come to SkyWest expect a 5-7 plus year upgrade and maybe even furloughs with a possible Delta NWA merger and the age 65 rule stagnating things. ASA has furlough protection but SkyWest does not so if cuts are to be made they will be made here... Don't blame me I was one of the 900.

SkyWest is one of the best regionals because of the people you get to work with but it is foolish to believe the previous quick upgrades will be around in this new enviroment. If Delta UA merge it will be devastating to SkyWest as many RJs will be parked. We overlap in DEN/SLC and LAX among others. Brasilias are sceduled to be retired over the next few years so they will go more senior then they have been. I am not doom and glooming I am just making sure you go in with your eyes wide open and the stay here with them half shut. Good luck. This is going to be a wild ride until merger mania works itself out.

I'm trying for NetJets and a couple other fractionals with Vegas gateways...plus a couple of local Vegas operators.

Vegas,

I'm ex-OO and loving life at Netjets right now. If I can answer any questions or try to help you with DM, let me know. I'll give her a call.

PM me if you want.

Latest resources

Back