• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest CRJ or Left Seat King Air 350

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI - I'm on year 2 at SkyWest and am very happy. I live in domicile and am gone no more than 5 nights per month. At one point, I went 3 months without spending a night away from home. Still credit 90-100hrs per month. Life is good here...

What the hell I'm gone 20 nights a month, don't live in domincile and fly 80 hrs a month. Got to love to commute. We're all crazy

You will also APPRECIATE NETJETS MORE if you get some airline experience and learn to hate 121 flying.

You [orginal poster] gettin' all this? This is one of the best threads on flightinfo right now. Gold.

I fly the RJ at OO right now and if someone threw a King Air 350 job my way where I could be home based, I jump on it. I don't live in any of OO's domiciles, and we aren't willing to move again right now. To me, it doesn't matter if it's 4 hours or 1...commuting still sucks and I hate it (still on RSV doesn't help). Do what will get you to where you want to be the quickest, but don't give up your QOL to do it. I used to think 121 was where its at, but thats not so much the case anymore...good luck.

I tend to agree with theskyking, OO is a good company although things are possibly looking kind of dark in SGU...DAL+NWA = less CRJ. and < DC9 on shorter jet routes, which means less pilots @ $19.25/hr ! This should not break too many hearts unuless you just signed up for the $19.25/hr.

I would look at the regional that gets me PIC the quickest with a fair QOL, maybe ask for the BRO at 00 which would get you to NetJets sooner!

I think that reaching a fractional for a career is a great goal and possible where the best opportunity other than Fed Ex is today.

Are you insurable on the 350 with 1325 hrs? I used to fly King Airs part 91 and I think the 350 requires a type rating. 1325 is low time for a PIC job.

Goat

I'm going to go with Skywest and just bite my lip for a couple of years. The insurance company apparently will cover me on the King Air, but the owner is looking less and less like he wants to own his own plane and more like he wants a NJ card. I may not be in the King Air long enough to get my time for NJ. Severe pay cut and all long term it seems like the thing to do. Thanks for all the advice.

Good luck with it. I hope you like it better than I have. I'm on the brink of throwing in the towel at Skywest cause I don't like the flying and can't take the commuting anymore.

Latest resources

Back