• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest crj classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He bids it below cost. How long can that last? He does not fly the CR7/9 which flys faster and burns less fuel.

Apparently it does not matter what SkyWest wants. American wanted E-jets and Bedford got 53 of them. When the music stops, Inc. will be left standing- what- waiting for Republic to fail?

Republic pilots will get an industry average contract after which, Republic will file bankruptcy, pilots lose, and SkyWest's fleet is decimated by contract expiration.

You and I will be staying in Best Westerns and making 87.11 bucks per hour after 20 years.

Apparently it does not matter what SkyWest wants. American wanted E-jets and Bedford got 53 of them. When the music stops, Inc. will be left standing- what- waiting for Republic to fail?

Republic pilots will get an industry average contract after which, Republic will file bankruptcy, pilots lose, and SkyWest's fleet is decimated by contract expiration.

You and I will be staying in Best Westerns and making 87.11 bucks per hour after 20 years.

Pretty much this..........

Jenny, I recently heard that Delta is beginning to realize that the 717 isn't very economic, like you can't make money flying them with your cost structure, even when full, with bag fees. You're locked into leases on them for how many years?

I was also reading up on comparative fuel burns, your MD's burn about 20% more fuel per seat mile than a 737NG. Almost as bad as a fifty seat RJ (note quite). How many of those dinosaurs do you have?

Delta has the oldest fleet in the country and the least fuel efficient fleet, and you keep buying more OLD airplanes. The top airlines around the world won't own any piece of equipment that is more than ten years old. Delta doesn't seem to want to buy anything less than twenty. Hmmmm?

Yes, they are cheap to buy, but aging aircraft maintenance gets expensive and you don't get much in the way of a depreciation allowance. In bean counter terms, that means you can either have new airplanes and right off the expense or pay in taxes, maintenance and fuel. Plus you are stuck flying stinky old busted planes. :(

How's that refinery working out? Starting to realize why it was for sale in the first place?

I'm thinking that in your next bankruptcy those three things; the 717, the ancient airplanes and the refinery will have everyone asking what the he11 were you thinking? Maybe Doug Parker will buy you out of bankruptcy!:) At least they can't staple you, but those AA guys are pretty senior. Bye Bye upgrade, hello career FO Lee.

I will be flying my shiny new MRJ up and down the west coast at M.74, enjoying that new airplane smell and trying to remember what it was like to de-ice or when was the last time I saw my suitcase. With the new rest rules starting this summer (9 hr block per day if you show after 7 AM) I'll do two turns to SOCAL per day, three days per week. Twenty days off per month. What will I do with all of my time

Bye Bye!!!

They can always sell them back to the guys who started ValuJet. They know how to make money with them.

What I'm hearing is that American specifically wanted the 175 and we couldn't do that in under a year.

WRONG!

Did you know?

Skywest cannot bid flying in ORD for American because of the United CPA. The United agreement specifically restricts Skywest from flying for any other carrier in ORD, and a number of other hubs for competitive reasons!

WRONG!

Did you know?

Skywest cannot bid flying in ORD for American because of the United CPA. The United agreement specifically restricts Skywest from flying for any other carrier in ORD, and a number of other hubs for competitive reasons!

How come Skywest can fly for American and United in LAX ?

Its true Speedtape. AA wanted the flying to start soon and SkyWest couldn't do it so fast.

Most of the United restrictions went out the window when SkyWest lent them cash...look at LAX.

Last edited:
WRONG!

Did you know?

WRONG!

That restriction has been gone for years! It was reworked in the last CPA.

Latest resources

Back