Skywest CRJ 705's for Delta??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
As far as furloughs flying in the left seat of DCI plane, it is the next answer if Dalpa can't get the 79 seaters for ourselves. (Unlikely we will give them up anyway) Does Jerry Atkin really care who flies the planes? He wants money. Other airlines have allowed it, and it may be the ONLY way.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It has been said many times by managment that an implement to captain will not be permitted.

BTW, SkyWest has an "up or out" policy and I have a feeling that your forced fuloughees may not make it through training.

If Delta wants to give them Captain pay to sit in the right seat, I don't care. They can still move up through ranks like everyone else.

MedFlyer said:
My how the mighty have fallen....groveling and begging to fly a 79 seat plane.

The only way DALPA will get these planes is if you agree to Mesa type wages. But if that happens, how many pilots will actually want to fly these planes for $50K a year? Even most DAL furloughees will balk at pay that low.

But if DL management and DALPA can't come to an agreement, DL management will just buy lots of 70 seaters. The precedent for that has already been set.

I don't see how the "mighty have fallen." DL mainline has ALWAYS argued for scope - including anything with more than 70 seats and you know that. There are still hundreds of DL mainline furloughees who would gladly take a flying job until their mainline spot becomes available again. United has J4J with a number of regionals - why shouldn't Delta? The precedent has been set numerous times and you all know that...

I don't work for Delta, but I have many friends who do and I know that SCOPE is a huge issue for them. A strike is very likely if the scope issue is not resolved... You can count on that.

If you really think the DAL guy's are gonna strike, you're nuts. They won't even stop greenslip flying while guys are on furlough. All this talk of unity and strikes blah blah blah is really nice but, DAL pilots are not stupid. They won't cut off their noses despite their faces.

And by the way, they never wanted to fly anything with 100 seats or less. They just didn't want anyone else to be able to either.

Not to worry, I remember when the great General told me and the boards that “no way would Delta allow Skywest to fly UAL color Rjs out of SLC” Good call there Mr. Lee. I know how you are always right, just ask him, he will tell you!

Next time you taxi out, and at the typical Delta snail crawl it should be easy, you should be able to see a few UAL Rjs at the “B” gates in SLC, and Skywest is painted on-the-side. Tell us more of your great, always correct wisdom Mr. Lee.

There is NO WAY in the WORLD that I, or any of my fellow Skywest pilots will allow you, or any of your Delta friends to seat in the left seat of any jet Skywest has without going to bottom of the list and the right seat first. BANK ON IT!

jehtplane said:
That is a bunch of crap!

That's exactly what we thought! Your doh scenario wouldn't work. I'll tell you what, how about we let all furloughed DL mainline pilots come in to (I'm supposing you fly for ASA) your senority list with doh! Its the same principle!
jehtphlane said:
Exactly! Why is it always protect mainline jobs, what about protecting jobs for the regional pilots?
How about going out and getting some scope protection of your own!

Juan Tugo said:
Wow, sounds like someone just took a long pull off the RJDC KoolAid jug.....

LOL! I had to take a break from laughing after that one. Sorry my friend, anyone who knows me on these boards, knows that I am NO fan of the rjdc!

79% n1 said:
Be that as it may, my point is you mainline Gods wont get what you want just because you declare 'We want them'!
Why is it that mainline pilots are called "gods?" Did a mainline pilot sleep with your sister and leave her at the alter??

Heavy Set said:
United has J4J with a number of regionals - why shouldn't Delta? The precedent has been set numerous times and you all know that...

The UA agreement with Skywest doesn't put anyone in the left seat until their seniority can hold it.

CFIT said:
It has been said many times by managment that an implement to captain will not be permitted.

BTW, SkyWest has an "up or out" policy and I have a feeling that your forced fuloughees may not make it through training.

If Delta wants to give them Captain pay to sit in the right seat, I don't care. They can still move up through ranks like everyone else.

Yeah, right. Up and Out. Most of our furloughs flew left seat in ASA and CMR RJs. I think they could probably handle it, unless you were their instructor. You guys must really be a bunch of Top Guns in those E120s and RJs......

Maybe Mesa should get the growth...... You can be a Virgin Connect....

Bye Bye--General Lee

theskyking said:
Heavy Set said:
United has J4J with a number of regionals - why shouldn't Delta? The precedent has been set numerous times and you all know that...

The UA agreement with Skywest doesn't put anyone in the left seat until their seniority can hold it.

True, UAL does NOT do that. USAir does. AA and CAL have flowdowns that put furloughs in the left seat. DL and NW need the same. Maybe Mesa or CHQ will go for it. Maybe there could be preferential hiring for them. You never know. (I personally want ASA pilots hired first if we ever hire again)

Bye Bye--General Lee

uh are you sure?

General Lee said:
theskyking said:
True, UAL does NOT do that. USAir does. AA and CAL have flowdowns that put furloughs in the left seat. DL and NW need the same. Maybe Mesa or CHQ will go for it. Maybe there could be preferential hiring for them. You never know. (I personally want ASA pilots hired first if we ever hire again)

Bye Bye--General Lee

What about ComAir? ASA is now SkyWest Inc. ComAir is still owned by the mothership. Seems like your trying to kiss some ASA/SkyWest Arse? j/k If I were a died in the Wool Widget boy from ComAir you would tell me that you want ASA guys before Comair? Right....

We are all hoping the Big DAL will hire again. I could even work weekends. LOL

Halo_RJdriver said:
General Lee said:
What about ComAir? ASA is now SkyWest Inc. ComAir is still owned by the mothership. Seems like your trying to kiss some ASA/SkyWest Arse? j/k If I were a died in the Wool Widget boy from ComAir you would tell me that you want ASA guys before Comair? Right....

We are all hoping the Big DAL will hire again. I could even work weekends. LOL

Let's hope we get through some turbulent months first......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back