Skywest CRJ 705's for Delta??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superjet

I just got off of the the phone with a mechanic friend in Tucson and he said that SKW has 2 of them setting on the ramp in Delta colors. I don't know, anybody know anything about this?

superjet said:
I just got off of the the phone with a mechanic friend in Tucson and he said that SKW has 2 of them setting on the ramp in Delta colors. I don't know, anybody know anything about this?

Nothing to base this on but my own vision of whats coming but, BANK ON IT. 705's and bigger are coming to SKYW & ASA....soon.

superjet said:

May not be SKW birds and may not be 705's we here at Comair just starting sending some of our planes to Tuscon. Talked to an FO in ops that did it. Those could be the Delta Connection planes you saw.

Mesaba's getting them too! I just feel it... Oh, no wait... I get that feeling after I've had too much coffee in the morning. Time for a good....

MM

ohplease! said:
Nothing to base this on but my own vision of whats coming but, BANK ON IT. 705's and bigger are coming to SKYW & ASA....soon.

Riiiiight. Maybe for United. Our group hasn't even voted on the 14% pay cut agreement, and apparently the current hang up is SCOPE. Nobody wants to give in on the 79 seat allowance, and we are asking ALPA to see if we will still have the right to strike if we take this deal. If we don't, then it may be shot down. Everyone knows scope is tops on our list right now. We want the 79 seaters. Worst case, maybe a USAir type deal---with our furloughs flying left seat on "your" 79 seaters will happen. Yeah, Atkins might go for it. Even if we do the arbitrator thing a precedent (USAIr furloughees flying at PSA and MESA left seat) has already been established. That would likely be brought up if they don't want Delta mainline flying them (which may trigger a strike vote anyway) If you won't do it, then Mesa and CHQ probably will. BANK ON IT.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
ohplease! said:

Highly doubt it. No way the mainline pilots allow that to happen - regardless of your blurred vision.

General Lee said:
Riiiiight. Maybe for United. Our group hasn't even voted on the 14% pay cut agreement, and apparently the current hang up is SCOPE. Nobody wants to give in on the 79 seat allowance, and we are asking ALPA to see if we will still have the right to strike if we take this deal. If we don't, then it may be shot down. Everyone knows scope is tops on our list right now. We want the 79 seaters. Worst case, maybe a USAir type deal---with our furloughs flying left seat on "your" 79 seaters will happen. Yeah, Atkins might go for it. Even if we do the arbitrator thing a precedent (USAIr furloughees flying at PSA and MESA left seat) has already been established. That would likely be brought up if they don't want Delta mainline flying them (which may trigger a strike vote anyway) If you won't do it, then Mesa and CHQ probably will. BANK ON IT.

Bye Bye--General Lee
you may well be right. I don't think so but, thats just my opinion. Of course I'm not nearly as edumacated as the great general lee. I's just a simple RJ capt....we shall see though. If you're right, you can say I told ya' so....if not.....well....you know.

ohplease! said:
you may well be right. I don't think so but, thats just my opinion. Of course I'm not nearly as edumacated as the great general lee. I's just a simple RJ capt....we shall see though. If you're right, you can say I told ya' so....if not.....well....you know.

You guys seem to like to put yourselves down. Why is that? You should be educated enough to understand that bigger planes at DCI mean less better paying jobs at the major level. (oh, that's right, you like your schedule and weekends off) Talk about outsourcing better paying jobs. You must be for that. Sad. CAL is hiring now---go for it if you want to fly bigger planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
You guys seem to like to put yourselves down. Why is that? You should be educated enough to understand that bigger planes at DCI mean less better paying jobs at the major level. (oh, that's right, you like your schedule and weekends off) Talk about outsourcing better paying jobs. You must be for that. Sad. CAL is hiring now---go for it if you want to fly bigger planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee
and live in Guam or worse (New York)? No thanks. Yes I do like my schedule and not everyone aspires to fly for mainline somebody nor will MOST be able to.

Latest resources

Back