Skywest CRJ 705's for Delta??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ohplease! said:
and live in Guam or worse (New York)? No thanks. Yes I do like my schedule and not everyone aspires to fly for mainline somebody nor will MOST be able to.

They would have a better chance at aircraft and pay advancement if they agreed with the rest of us that more larger planes at the majors may allow more jobs for you or others. I know that you don't make the decisions, but being "pro growth" at the regionals when it comes to larger planes is just hurting the industry. You may want to stay with your situation, and that is your right. But, the majority behind you and around you want to advance UPWARD.

And, I just found this nugget about our last agreement deal and the arbitrators:

"The decision of the third party neutrals on the rejection issue will be final with only very limited appeal rights. If the panel allows rejection of the PWA, ALPA retains all rights that we would otherwise have in a bankruptcy court rejection."

I think that means we could still strike if we don't get an agreement or the panel of three votes the other way. The only way we would get to the point to use the neutrals would be if we couldn't come up with our own agreement, and they would only decide whether or not to go through with the 1113c process, which dumps the whole contract. Then, we would have the same right as we would with a bankruptcy judge, which would be to possibly strike. We did choose two of the three neutrals, so hopefully at least two of them will see our way concerning scope. Also, it would be best if we could just come up with an agreement with the company first. We shall see.

And, Guam is fun, except for the snakes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
You guys seem to like to put yourselves down. Why is that? You should be educated enough to understand that bigger planes at DCI mean less better paying jobs at the major level. (oh, that's right, you like your schedule and weekends off) Talk about outsourcing better paying jobs. You must be for that. Sad. CAL is hiring now---go for it if you want to fly bigger planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The problem is the mainline operation. What is the incentive to want to go to mainline anymore? the pensions? the great pay? job security?good management? I would not hold my breath on having furloughed delta pilots flying left seat for DCI anytime soon. You did not want anypart of our petition for one senoirity list in 1999, why is it OK for your furloughed pilots to take left seat positions from our pilots? Is Delta buying these alleged 79 seaters or is Skywest?

jehtplane said:
The problem is the mainline operation. What is the incentive to want to go to mainline anymore? the pensions? the great pay? job security?good management?

Agreed, as a matter of fact, I hear more people talking about getting out!

I would not hold my breath on having furloughed delta pilots flying left seat for DCI anytime soon.
It worked at PSA/CHQ, why not. Your new hires go into the right seat, your company gets more airplanes, and your seniority doesn't get affected, frankly its a win win situation. DAL pilots flying DAL passengers.

You did not want anypart of our petition for one senoirity list in 1999, why is it OK for your furloughed pilots to take left seat positions from our pilots? Is Delta buying these alleged 79 seaters or is Skywest?

Your petition for 1 seniority list was a joke, you know it, and so do I. Again new planes means more growth, your seniority is not affected as DAL furloughees go under your respective seniority, your company gets the planes and growth, and DAL pilots flying DAL passengers.

It seems the only people the ¨so called¨growth would benefit are those new hires that are filling the right seat.
I am all for the furloughs to fly for homever will hire them, but to take away a seat or better schedule from me or anyone else that has been with their airline longer than the furloughed pilot was with Delta is not right. You may control the flying (Mainline carrier) and all the seats behind the cockpit door, but the regional companies OWN the aircraft.
Come up with a better solution and I´m sure the majority of the pilots at (enter airline name) will go for it.....until then I will not agree to this practice.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
And, Guam is fun, except for the snakes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think you're right about still being able to call a strike. I just hope all invloved reach some type of compromise and get this train back on the track. For all our sakes.

I really, really, REALLY don't like snakes. But that would be better than NewYork.

jehtplane said:
The problem is the mainline operation. What is the incentive to want to go to mainline anymore? the pensions? the great pay? job security?good management? I would not hold my breath on having furloughed delta pilots flying left seat for DCI anytime soon. You did not want anypart of our petition for one senoirity list in 1999, why is it OK for your furloughed pilots to take left seat positions from our pilots? Is Delta buying these alleged 79 seaters or is Skywest?

So, you will make more as a SkyWest or ASA Captain on the CR7 forever, rather than start at DL or CAL and move up to 777 FO, or 737 Capt eventually? It could take a while, but your pay would go up. But, you would rather keep your weekends off right now, right? Riiiiight.

As far as furloughs flying in the left seat of DCI plane, it is the next answer if Dalpa can't get the 79 seaters for ourselves. (Unlikely we will give them up anyway) Does Jerry Atkin really care who flies the planes? He wants money. Other airlines have allowed it, and it may be the ONLY way. Mesa will probably GLADLY accept that. Orenstein really doesn't care. Who would be buying the planes, you ask? How did Air Canada afford the Emb-175s, Emb-190s, and 15 777s along with 20 787s after their bankruptcy? They were days from liquidation, and now they have a whole new fleet. Also, the Brazilian and Canadian governments would likely finance any deal just to keep their workers on the production line. I have heard financing with EMB and Canadair is NOT a problem. Boeing, on the other hand, is not budging very much from their suggested retail prices because of their huge amounts of orders as of late. And, we all would have accepted a staple(of DCI to our list) in 1999, you know that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Genral,

Who let you out of the HRSA unit??

What leverage do you guys have to implement these "left seat" entitlements? Just for the record, when the us airways deal was presented to SkyWest, we told them to shove back in 02. I'm betting it'll be likewise again...

Shouldn't you be studying for your upgrade instead of wasting time on the regional boards?

by the way the 705's don't have 79 seats...
Mookie

General Lee said:
And, we all would have accepted a staple(of DCI to our list) in 1999, you know that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'd gladly have accepted that. Just another example of why I'm not sure ASA-ALPA is negotiating in good faith for whats best for me. Had they been realistic about one list, all of this stuff we're all arguing about would be a non-issue. Like AA\eagle, we'd all have had to suck it up for a while and now we'd be moving forward again. As it stands now, Dalpa will fight against DCI and DCI will try to undercut you guy's. Again, not my system.

For the record: I would not mind DAL furloughs flying left seat in 100 (or whatever) seaters here. They will eventually move on and leave the equipment behind. In the mean time, they'll be back flying.

Mookie said:
Genral,

Who let you out of the HRSA unit??

What leverage do you guys have to implement these "left seat" entitlements? Just for the record, when the us airways deal was presented to SkyWest, we told them to shove back in 02. I'm betting it'll be likewise again...

Shouldn't you be studying for your upgrade instead of wasting time on the regional boards?

by the way the 705's don't have 79 seats...
Mookie

HRSA unit? Oooooookay.

Will Atkin allow expansion to go to Mesa, again? Maybe he will do it. You have no union, so you can't really do much.

Again, Mookie, I haven't been awarded it because I am waiting for the next advanced Entitlement. Have you done your CR7 conversion training yet?

How many seats do the CRJ-705s have? Give me an aircraft with exactly 79 seats? The E175? How about a CR9 with first class seats in them? Regardless, we want them. It will be interesting to see what happens. At least the strike option is there, and that could affect exit financing. We'll see, and I hope we get an agreement in the meantime......Even the Governor of Georgia stated he "guaranteed" a settlement before any strike. Sunny Perdue---what a great Governor......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
ohplease! said:
I'd gladly have accepted that. Just another example of why I'm not sure ASA-ALPA is negotiating in good faith for whats best for me. Had they been realistic about one list, all of this stuff we're all arguing about would be a non-issue. Like AA\eagle, we'd all have had to suck it up for a while and now we'd be moving forward again. As it stands now, Dalpa will fight against DCI and DCI will try to undercut you guy's. Again, not my system.

For the record: I would not mind DAL furloughs flying left seat in 100 (or whatever) seaters here. They will eventually move on and leave the equipment behind. In the mean time, they'll be back flying.

Unlikely we would leave 100 seaters at DCI.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back