Skywest CRJ 705's for Delta??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Unlikely we would leave 100 seaters at DCI.

Bye Bye--General Lee
not sure you'd have much to say about it. but, again, I don't know all the particulars about it.

Gen....

It doesnt matter what you want. "We want 'em" waaaaah. (Stomp, stomp, hold breath) Do you think anyone cares what you guys want? Now, maybe you can force the company into giving you stuff with your contract/scope. USair guys didnt get J4J because they merely wanted it. They forced it on the other carriers. Delta will get an agreement for whatever is most cost sensible, and something tells me that isnt you Delta boys flying them! Now, maybe DALPA will work out a J4J agreement with CHQ or Mesa, so be it. Have fun working for them! Ask the USAIR boys who went to Mesa how that worked out! Talk about shock! Be that as it may, my point is you mainline Gods wont get what you want just because you declare 'We want them'!

That said, I could only support ML pilots coming here in a J4J with them holding what their ML seniority DOH gives them. NO WAY a pilot from ML hired in 02 or 01 should sit in the left seat above a guy at ASA or wherever that has been there 10-20 years! Sorry. Most of the Delta furloughees were FO's, so why are they too good to come to ASA/Skywest as FO's on the 900 or 705 or whatever? What entitles them to a left seat???? Its really absurd. IMHO

General,

Yes, I have done my 70 seat training. And for that matter, the 705 and 900 training as well. thanks

Mookie

79%N1 said:
Gen....

It doesnt matter what you want. "We want 'em" waaaaah. (Stomp, stomp, hold breath) Do you think anyone cares what you guys want? Now, maybe you can force the company into giving you stuff with your contract/scope. USair guys didnt get J4J because they merely wanted it. They forced it on the other carriers. Delta will get an agreement for whatever is most cost sensible, and something tells me that isnt you Delta boys flying them! Now, maybe DALPA will work out a J4J agreement with CHQ or Mesa, so be it. Have fun working for them! Ask the USAIR boys who went to Mesa how that worked out! Talk about shock! Be that as it may, my point is you mainline Gods wont get what you want just because you declare 'We want them'!

That said, I could only support ML pilots coming here in a J4J with them holding what their ML seniority DOH gives them. NO WAY a pilot from ML hired in 02 or 01 should sit in the left seat above a guy at ASA or wherever that has been there 10-20 years! Sorry. Most of the Delta furloughees were FO's, so why are they too good to come to ASA/Skywest as FO's on the 900 or 705 or whatever? What entitles them to a left seat???? Its really absurd. IMHO

Exactly! Why is it always protect mainline jobs, what about protecting jobs for the regional pilots?

question..

Does ASA still have pref-hiring even though they are no longer part of Delta.

General Lee said:
HRSA unit? Oooooookay.

Give me an aircraft with exactly 79 seats? The E175? How about a CR9 with first class seats in them? Regardless, we want them. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Bye Bye--General Lee

My how the mighty have fallen....groveling and begging to fly a 79 seat plane.

The only way DALPA will get these planes is if you agree to Mesa type wages. But if that happens, how many pilots will actually want to fly these planes for $50K a year? Even most DAL furloughees will balk at pay that low.

But if DL management and DALPA can't come to an agreement, DL management will just buy lots of 70 seaters. The precedent for that has already been set.

superjet said:
I just got off of the the phone with a mechanic friend in Tucson and he said that SKW has 2 of them setting on the ramp in Delta colors. I don't know, anybody know anything about this?

According to Bombardier there are only 15 CRJ-705s in existance and they have all been delivered to Air Canada. Currently, there are no outstanding orders for the 705.

Latest resources

Back