• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest cancels all pilot interviews!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone told me that the only flying Mesa was going to do out of DEN was replacement of the Air Whiskey DO-328 routes and that it did not look like it would effect Sky West flying.
Since the DO-328's were being retired it doesn't look like Mesa "took" anyone's flying.

It will be interesting to see how Mesa does flying for UAL this time around. It wasn't too pretty last time.

If the scuttlebutt that Frontier is looking to dump Mesa is true they better keep Titanic Airlines uhhh I mean UAL pretty happy.

Reality and House, here is the question? With 50 or 70 seats, which I believe accounts for the vast majority of "RJ's" can you make money flying legs in excess of 2 hours. What does the jet cost to operate while it is in the air and what does the jet cost to own 24/7/365. As usual, I probably mis-stated myself. And as far as a metro, it makes plenty of money on 1-2 hour flights but it is dirt cheap to operate and own and always has been. But as it stands now , the profits that skywest and aca make working for Delta and United, are probably ancient history. I would say that 50 for sure and maybe 70 seat economics are being carefully considered by skywest and aca. And at 90 seats and up it is no longer an rj anyway and you are correct when you say that a 90 to 130 seat jet being flown at regional pay and benefits has a big cost factor advantage over the same number of seats at mainline pay and benefits......

Skywest and ACA could use 70 or 90 seaters, but not for Delta. Expect any new 70 seaters (above the 57 allotted to DCI) to possibly be flown by some of the 1060 furloughed Delta pilots.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: ;) :p

To the fella above about "voting no to the TA", I think 2 of them are, and 1 of them isn't, I really don't follow any of this much, only when the beer hits them it starts coming out, but the 1 who's voting yes just bid over to the RJ last week, since he didn't want to get seat locked in the 1900..........or this is what I understand. He seems to think it will pass, as do the ones voting no.

As for the guy saying "Metro's are dirt cheap to operate," I used to work for a company that will remain nameless, our Metro's were A FRIGAIN MONEYPIT! Something around 70% of our expenses were maintenance expenses on our, at the time, 4 metros, compared to a BUTT LOAD of Caravans. Vans are cheap to operate, I'm sorry, but comparatively speaking(cargo 1900's), Metro's aren't cheap at all. Not to start a pissing battle, but that's just my experience.

General Lee,

Delta mainline flying 70 seaters? How is that possible when ASA & Comair are flying them now? The only way I see that happening is if Delta pilots rip their "United Plus" stickers off their bags & take a pay cut to fly the 70 seaters. Otherwise there will be more furloughed mainline guys on the street.

The way economics are playing on the airline industry it's like Sherman going through Georgia again.

Latest resources

Back