Skywest cancels all pilot interviews!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fred_IP

I have a buddy that was to interview at Skywest next week. He said he got a phone call today from the Hiring Department that his interview was cancelled for next week. He said he heard that ALL interviews are off for the foreseeable future.

Anyone know what's up? Is United or Delta about to pull the plug on Skywest??

Was he told this when he was on the phone with HR, or was it a rumor he caught on the street. Why would they stop everything suddenly? :confused:

He said he got a phone call today from the Hiring Department that his interview was cancelled for next week.

Over...

My guess: Less EMB120 Flying + Less RJ flying = No New Hires.

I am sure we will find out why soon.

I wish everyone good luck,

Splert

Last edited:
To clarify:

My buddy was called by HR -- not a rumor off the street.

He said HR had to cancel all interviews -- "something has come up" the lady said. That's all he was told. I've heard this has happened to other folks to interview at Skywest.

I hope this is because they simply have too many in the pool and that they aren't looking at a complete freeze -- or worse.

Sorry to hear guys! Hope they get that straitened out!

Word on the street...

Before everyone get's there panties in a twist...

I talked to a friend of mine who just got hired a few weeks ago and was supposed to start class last week. He got bumped to a later class date. When I got hired, it was a similar scenario. The hiring machine goes until they realize they have hired too many, then it shuts down. It seems like we are always heavy on pilots, then short on pilots a few months after that. I wouldn't worry too much about them not hiring at all for the rest of the year. All the CRJ's we are getting are going to need pilots. They froze upgrade in the Brasilia's as well (didn't want too many Captain's sitting on reserve). We were really short on EMB Cap's for a few months. I'm not faulting the hiring/training management, I'm sure it's a bit of a crap shoot no matter what they do....
best of luck to everyone. -smoove.

ACA stopped hiring in November...I believe we have a pool of hundred new hires, and we are slowly draining from that pool.
I think Skywest was a little too ambitious about the United fiasco...

On a positive note, combining the forces of the House of ACA and the House of Skywest will create an unholy alliance that will be unstoppable.... EAST COAST...WEST COAST...the combined kung-fu style of ACA/SKYEST WILL NOT BE DEFEATED...

Last edited:
03-31-03 class

Does anyone know if the 03-31 class is still on schedule or has it been postponed as well?

I agree with House_X , but it should be Skywest/ACA :):cool:

Latest resources

Back