• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Cabin Nazi?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAA approval means nothing because airlines have policies that are more restrictive. Almost every airline has a posted 22" limit. You should know that and you should have bought a bag that fit these parameters if you didn't want trouble.

Actually I was being sarcastic, as mine was the gate agent. We're talking one inch. And it was going to be handed to the ramper at planeside anyways....going to the same hole as the other checked bags. Instead it was $25 bucks, and that's what it was about.
Don't tell me that she was just doing her job. Her job does not entail carrying a tape measure and measuring bags. She just was a b1tch.
I'm pretty big on rules and such, but many times the spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law. She'd be great at the TSA.

The FA was doing their job, however if she did her job properly the seat would have been checked when it first came through the door.

Again, DH28, we don't know WHICH FA did/didn't notice the seat. It was on a 700...the FWD may have missed it; and the AFT FA "caught" it during final-walk through. We still don't know all the facts.

FAA approval means nothing because airlines have policies that are more restrictive. Almost every airline has a posted 22" limit. You should know that and you should have bought a bag that fit these parameters if you didn't want trouble.

Last time I checked Crew Bags didn't have to meet that crap...now if you were out of uniform that's your bad.

FWIW my airline says that the car seat has to have a "FAA Approved" sticker on it. In fact it is even specific enough to state that the sticker with approved for airplanes must be in RED INK. Thats all of the guidance in my GOM. The FA GOM is more specific and states that the seat must have a hard back regardless of sticker. I haven't seen one in real life yet, but I have no idea what the guidance is on one of those shoulder harness things that slips over the seat back of the aircraft seat.

Was she out of line in the way she handled it...maybe I wasn't there so I dont know. Eitherway if it was on taxi out she had very little time to get the situation fixed so maybe she just was firm to make sure there wouldn't be any wasted time.

I haven't seen one in real life yet, but I have no idea what the guidance is on one of those shoulder harness things that slips over the seat back of the aircraft seat.
The brand name is "Cares." It is FAA approved and requires the sewn on label/sticker, "Approved for aircraft use only." They are approved for use during all phases of flight. In is interesting to note: if the child using the system (up to 44lbs) has a ticketed seat, then they are subject to the FSB at all times; if it's a lap child using an "open" seat then they are only required to use it at the parent's discretion. Go figure.

Latest resources

Back