Skywest Cabin Nazi?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
+1 on that!
I can't stand out of control kids in airplanes/airports. If you can't control your kid, you have no business bringing him/her along with you to annoy all other customers... not to mention that it's a safety issue. I understand that there are always exceptions (family emergency, etc...) but it seems that most of the "annoying kid" scenarios are just perfect examples of poor parenting and complete disregard for others comfort/sanity.

Interesting... so I shouldn't be allowed to travel if I have a kid?

I do the best I can to keep my child quiet, but more than likely the first time he is on an airplane he is probably going to cry because it is a new experience, and he will be scared. I will gladly appologize to anyone sitting next to me and will probably try to seat myself in an area of the plane that is as open as possible... but give me a break, kids cry!

If you don't like it, buy a first class ticket where kids aren't allowed! But I have traveled next to many a crying child and I don't let it bother me because it is a fact of life.

Get over yourself...

pretty easy to see who has kids on here and who does not

Or the ones that realize that children need discipline and guidance and the one's that think the Flight Attendant is their own personal baby sitter.

And yes I have kids.

Interesting... so I shouldn't be allowed to travel if I have a kid?

I do the best I can to keep my child quiet, but more than likely the first time he is on an airplane he is probably going to cry because it is a new experience, and he will be scared. I will gladly appologize to anyone sitting next to me and will probably try to seat myself in an area of the plane that is as open as possible... but give me a break, kids cry!

If you don't like it, buy a first class ticket where kids aren't allowed! But I have traveled next to many a crying child and I don't let it bother me because it is a fact of life.

Get over yourself...
That is correct. You should not be able to fly if you cannot manage your child's behavior. Most mothers and fathers have the skill to quiet their crying child in a reasonable amount of time. If a parent is at least trying to quiet the child, that goes a long way. Unmanageable children are created at home, not on airplanes. If you can't manage them, please don't bring them; and please don't bring them to the restaurant or movie theater either.

sunlitpath, if my kid starts crying, I don't wait, I am immediately heading somewhere with him, back of the church, out of the restraunt etc, and he's only one year old and can't be expected to know when he should or shouldn't be crying, so blow me...

Working in the airline industry has taught me how sh!tty our FA's are treated and would never expect someone else to take care of or deal with my child. This is also why I have chosen not to travel with him to this point. However, I would hope that someone would have compassion and not think that I am a horrible person if my child is crying, because I will be doing everything I can to comfort him, keep him quiet and avoiding disturbing those around me.

If that is not acceptable to you, I really don't give a F^ck.

I'm pretty sure Delta policy at least for non-rev travel is that children have to be at least 6 years of age to be listed in first class, like I said, haven't gone anywhere, but have played with some listings and I know I can't list for 1st with my son...

sunlitpath, if my kid starts crying, I don't wait, I am immediately heading somewhere with him, back of the church, out of the restraunt etc, and he's only one year old and can't be expected to know when he should or shouldn't be crying, so blow me...

Working in the airline industry has taught me how sh!tty our FA's are treated and would never expect someone else to take care of or deal with my child. This is also why I have chosen not to travel with him to this point. However, I would hope that someone would have compassion and not think that I am a horrible person if my child is crying, because I will be doing everything I can to comfort him, keep him quiet and avoiding disturbing those around me.

If that is not acceptable to you, I really don't give a F^ck.

I'm pretty sure Delta policy at least for non-rev travel is that children have to be at least 6 years of age to be listed in first class, like I said, haven't gone anywhere, but have played with some listings and I know I can't list for 1st with my son...
You may be accustomed to other guys "blowing you", but I am not that type. Your interest in having sexual relations with me is flattering yet quite disgusting, but no thanks. Furthermore, if you are trying to quell your big mouth baby's crying, then you are not liable for the excruciating discomfort that is being endured by those around you. Don't rely on the compassion of other travellers to put up with your lazy parenting. So, go fly a kite dimwit.

The child was not out of line until the flight attendant rudely took the unapproved chair. And out of line in this instance was her crying because she felt unsafe because she did not have the seat. There was nothing that could have been done except for the return of the seat (which was not going to happen).

I am not faulting the flight attendant for doing her job. It is the manner in which she did it and the attitude that she had.

I did not know that the seat was unapproved for aircraft. I thought it was strange that we had no problems with the seat in an aircraft seat in the 4 previous legs.

I keep my child in check and do not ask anyone else to watch, manage, or baby sit her. I do not appreciate the way the situation was handled and felt almost helpless while it was unfolding. I did not want to become a victim of a power tripping F/A. A simple explanation during or after the flight would have sufficed.

I deal with customers day in and day out and know that some people just suck, no question about it. I do not demand any special treatment, being a pilot myself and not being familiar with that particular reg. I had to at least question it.

Latest resources

Back