Skywest buying somebody??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here are some Ideas on who to buy just for S!!IT$ and Giggles

1) Chatauqua - Republic IPO is going nowwhere fast. Skywest could make a decent offer on the price and do better for the investors. The addition of American, UsAir and AWA to their existing DAL and UAL service would be a nice hedge against the future.

2) A USair wholly owned. Probably a good price right now an could lead to East Coast Expansion. Problems with J4J though if that is still on.

3) Great Lakes - Just delisted from Nasdaq. UAL code share routes to add to their DEN base plus link to Frontier

4) ASA - Delta could spin them of before pilot contract negotiations start plus generate cash for DAL. The match of aircraft and routes is perfect.

5) ACA - Long shot but a merger between the two would lead to very strong synergies. both DAL and UAL contract carriers. ACA stock price is low right now due to capped growth but the growth from Skywest would make it a very powerful airline and make the company a good deal.

6) any one of the struggling smaller regionals such as TSA, Midway, Skyways

Just my thoughts feel free to speculate/wishful think on these.

If I had to guess, I'd say it wouldn't be another regional, but one of the smaller nationals, like Frontier, Aloha, or Hawaiian. That way, should they loose the contract with either DL or UA, they can branch out on their own.

Latest resources

Back