• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest BOD, interesting.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ron Reber a few years ago said 'within 5 years the only regionals of consequence or size will be SkyWest and Republic.' with the formation of Inc. and all else that has happened, I'd say he wasn't too far off. who knows what will happen next.

...Lose the "airline pilot" sense of entitlement. Just another job trainable and "replaceable".

I suppose just like "any other job" I can quit my position at the airline I work for, make a lateral move and have the equivalent position and pay at another airline. I guess just like "any other job" I'm required to pass medical exams and proficiency checks every 6 months or a year. Just just like "any other job" I've got multiple federal government agencies overseeing me and harassing me on a daily basis. I'm sure "any other job" would place the lives of hundreds of total strangers in your hands every single day. Does just "any other job" require you to be gone, away from home for over 300 hours a month but only compensates you for a fraction of that time? The FACT is, the Airline Pilot profession is not just "any other job". Sorry if you think I've got sense of entitlement, I think I've earned it. You better be thankful a few of us have the balls to stand up for this profession. It's sad and pathetic you don't.

They hate SKYW because of guys like you, idiots who gloat because they had the good fortune to be hired at a stable successful company. In days of yore you wouldn't have been considered for an interview, much less hired, desperation drove your employment, enjoy it you looser!
PBR

Did you mean loser? I hope youre drunk and not just showing off your IQ...

I would wager quite a bit on the fact that I was hired at Skywest with more experience and background flying than you were... not that it matters... I am at skywest purely because of choice and it was a good choice at that -I researched regionals for years i knew what i was getting into.... I dont gloat in my good fortune because that could turn any day.. I laugh at how miserable you are given the same situation.... my apologies to anyone who ever has to deal with you

I suppose just like "any other job" I can quit my position at the airline I work for, make a lateral move and have the equivalent position and pay at another airline. I guess just like "any other job" I'm required to pass medical exams and proficiency checks every 6 months or a year. Just just like "any other job" I've got multiple federal government agencies overseeing me and harassing me on a daily basis. I'm sure "any other job" would place the lives of hundreds of total strangers in your hands every single day. Does just "any other job" require you to be gone, away from home for over 300 hours a month but only compensates you for a fraction of that time? The FACT is, the Airline Pilot profession is not just "any other job". Sorry if you think I've got sense of entitlement, I think I've earned it. You better be thankful a few of us have the balls to stand up for this profession. It's sad and pathetic you don't.

Correct.

Did you mean loser? I hope youre drunk and not just showing off your IQ...

I would wager quite a bit on the fact that I was hired at Skywest with more experience and background flying than you were... not that it matters... I am at skywest purely because of choice and it was a good choice at that -I researched regionals for years i knew what i was getting into.... I dont gloat in my good fortune because that could turn any day.. I laugh at how miserable you are given the same situation.... my apologies to anyone who ever has to deal with you
You would use lose that wager, when I was hired I already had more hours than you list and had a type rating, and that was 10 years ago. I will bet your "research" consisted of watching through the window of terminals wishing you could be a SKYW pilot, I am not miserable, just sad, that SKYW reduced the hiring standards that allowed you employment. You see 10 years ago the standards for hiring were much higher, most of the people in my class had lots of turbine and/or 135 time and many had type ratings. I was hired with more than 1000turbine PIC and the above mentioned type, as well as lots of international experience. You just keep flying around CA, have some fun too! I am sure if something goes bad at SKYW your dad will "hire" you back into his business.
PBR
BTW, Before you get a chubby about correcting my spellin' and grammers check yours!

The pilot group voted to fly the 700 for 200 rates. Growth was promised for this concession. No better than the pilots at MESA voting for the contract they now have. You now fly any a/c up to is it 99 seats for a 200 base rate. Congratulations on your success!

My point exactly. That would be why me, and people like me hold no love for Skywest. Mesa at least had an excuse when they signed that excuse for a contract.

And what airline with superior pay and work rules do you work for? If you think Skywest is successful by undercutting the industry you are crazy. Substandard work rules and wages? Compared to who? You hate SkW and RAH because they have found a way to be successful in a tough industry without giving substandard pay and work rules, simple as that.

Re-read my post WABIT. Yes, Skywest did get to their current company position by undercutting much of the regional industry. The current Expressjet situation would be a prime example.

Have you looked at Pinnacle, Comair and Mesaba's CRJ900 payscales? Not quite as good as SkyWests but wait a minute- THOSE ARE ALL UNION. How the hell? Maybe SkyWest is a good place!?!?!?

I have seen those rates.
Pinnacle: Imposed rates through arbitration. Currently in contract negotiations.

Comair: Product of bankruptcy, or threats of bunkruptcy.

Mesaba: Another product of bankruptcy.

Care to compare ASA 70 seat rates to SKW 70/90 seat rates? Oh wait... ASA is a union airline.....

My point exactly. That would be why me, and people like me hold no love for Skywest. Mesa at least had an excuse when they signed that excuse for a contract.

Re-read my post WABIT. Yes, Skywest did get to their current company position by undercutting much of the regional industry. The current Expressjet situation would be a prime example.

I have seen those rates.
Pinnacle: Imposed rates through arbitration. Currently in contract negotiations.

Comair: Product of bankruptcy, or threats of bunkruptcy.

Mesaba: Another product of bankruptcy.

Care to compare ASA 70 seat rates to SKW 70/90 seat rates? Oh wait... ASA is a union airline.....

Uhh...ASA is Skywest. They may have ALPA but They would likely be gone without SKYW and the SKYW cleanup crew. (ie. ASA's New CEO).

Last edited:
Uhh...ASA is Skywest. They may have ALPA but They would likely be gone without SKYW and the SKYW cleanup crew. (ie. ASA's New CEO).

ASA is owned by Skywest. Are you trying to tell me that they are on the SKW air carrier certificate and seniority list?

Enjoy the whipsaw my friend....

Everyone has skeletons in their closets. Like when Continental Express now ExpressJet were bottom feeders ($5-$9 less per hour than SkyWest) and PFTers. It is not wise to hold any pilot group on a pedestal.

Latest resources

Back