• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest becomes the regional of choice for Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest was flying 50 seaters that used to belong to ASA out of ATL while we had 136 pilots on furlough. Delta did that? Just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

And now they're back, we have more airframes, and we're so busy we can't see straight anymore. What's the point in this? Aren't we in a stretch now to see just how much we can possibly bitch about- just how bad can we make this place with complaining? Seriously, it ain't that bad, and even if you can argue that it is, it isn't as bad as most others.

ASA, Comair, and SkyWest have been playing "musical airplanes" for years.

So... what options do we have here at SKW to change? There is no one knocking at the door at this time for things to change here. We cant vote on anything, cause no one is interested in this company becoming labor organized after all the wasted drives we had.

And now they're back, we have more airframes, and we're so busy we can't see straight anymore. What's the point in this? Aren't we in a stretch now to see just how much we can possibly bitch about- just how bad can we make this place with complaining? Seriously, it ain't that bad, and even if you can argue that it is, it isn't as bad as most others.

Terrific. I was responding to "ASA had too many pilots for the number of airplanes in ASA's fleet."

Skywest was flying 50 seaters that used to belong to ASA out of ATL while we had 136 pilots on furlough. Delta did that? Just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

Which 50-seaters?

Yup! I remember those days. Skywest was flying in here and everyone was up in arms about that combined with the furloughs and low line values. Everyone doomed and gloomed about how ASA was on the way out and Skywest will grow out the waaazoo!!

Fast forward a couple years, ASA has grown, received not only 900s but also flying with a new mainline partner and like you said, have so much flying that we can't see straight. Now people are complaining that morale is at an alltime low. Is there anything that can be done to make ASA pilots happy?

Who really cares? About any of it. I've been at two airlines, Skywest for 17 years. Business is business. I visit this sight a couple of times a year and I keep seeing the same old crying. No one has a freekin clue what's gonna happen next. It's like listening to a bunch of elementry school kids argue about nothing. Make the best of what you have and stop your freekin bawlin.

...and ASA flew CMR 50 seaters with CMR passengers while CMR was on strike...Put the ALPA koolaid down and take a breath for a minute...

Is there anything that can be done to make ASA pilots happy?
I don't have a dog in this fight, but one list / one contract seems like a darn good start.

Yup! I remember those days. Skywest was flying in here and everyone was up in arms about that combined with the furloughs and low line values. Everyone doomed and gloomed about how ASA was on the way out and Skywest will grow out the waaazoo!!

Fast forward a couple years, ASA has grown, received not only 900s but also flying with a new mainline partner and like you said, have so much flying that we can't see straight. Now people are complaining that morale is at an alltime low. Is there anything that can be done to make ASA pilots happy?

Dude you are the most Koolaid drinking RJ pilot on here. But you do provide the best entertainment, by posting your thoughts. Every time you see one of those CRJ-900s out there, that means one less mainline plane therefore less mainline jobs. Only someone like you would measure the success of their company by how many CRJ-900s you have. What about more 200s or 700s? Why the CRJ-900 specifically?? The whole point is to have small regionals and bigger mainline.

Latest resources

Back