• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest becomes the regional of choice for Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd say Skywest loses this flying, and that isn't good for them. Also, with Southwest getting a hold of ATL gates, Delta had better dump RJs and get some more mainline equipment to fight them off. An RJ against a Southwest 737 is a win for Southwest, and I bet Delta's management knows that. Too bad for Skywest.

SkyWest has four, yes 4, airplanes for airtran... Not really a big loss... Id say its actually good, as the SkyWest system could use a few spares.

don't worry, that flying will go away soon

Ahhhah,
Chipaway has the reverse Midas touch, everything he touches turns to lead(Pb), too bad he cant MEL that too. Any body want to put a pool together, in regards as to how long before he becomes a 24/7 golfer and starts shopping for another wife? My day is 1/1/11, the date has a ring to it, eh?
PBR

Last edited:
I believe the contract has a 6 month termination clause for either party. Realistically you can expect those 5 SkyWest CRJ 200s to be put down.

Don't worry SkyWest pilots...Jerry will make sure that Atlantic Southeast will absorb the loss. You'll be fine. ASA won't.

With ASA's understaffed situation, management will say something like "since you guys can't handle all of this flying...SkyWest is taking the slack." Mark my words.

Don't worry SkyWest pilots...Jerry will make sure that Atlantic Southeast will absorb the loss. You'll be fine. ASA won't.

With ASA's understaffed situation, management will say something like "since you guys can't handle all of this flying...SkyWest is taking the slack." Mark my words.

and as a result, the red arrow days will be removed on all but 2 Wednesdays of each month.

I'd say Skywest loses this flying, and that isn't good for them. Also, with Southwest getting a hold of ATL gates, Delta had better dump RJs and get some more mainline equipment to fight them off. An RJ against a Southwest 737 is a win for Southwest, and I bet Delta's management knows that. Too bad for Skywest.

Last time I checked, Delta was already competing against those other ATL gates with AIRTRAN.

the agrement with Skywest will not be broken do to the penalties and bla bla bla. But it will not be renewed after its expiration. Or will see SW crj200, I reallly doub it....

They've had a history of doing that in the past...not.

Latest resources

Back