• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest becomes the regional of choice for Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 waves of furloughs on the ASA side...zero on SkyWest's side. Riiiight. The favoritism is blinding.

Delta and UAL decide which regional is going to fly where, not the regional mgmts. And then it's decided how many airplanes are needed for that flying. Then the regional staffs for the number of airplanes. And ML is not going to move ASA pilots into the SKYW system to balance out the work.

ASA had too many pilots for the number of airplanes in ASA's fleet. That had nothing to do with SKYW. The good news is now we don't have enough pilots for the current and future flying and are hiring and growing. The airline industry model is and has always been hire till you furlough and furlough till you hire.

Last edited:
Delta and UAL decide which regional is going to fly where, not the regional mgmts. And then it's decided how many airplanes are needed for that flying. Then the regional staffs for the number of airplanes. And ML is not going to move ASA pilots into the SKYW system to balance out the work.

ASA had too many pilots for the number of airplanes in ASA's fleet. That had nothing to do with SKYW. The good news is now we don't have enough pilots for the current and future flying and are hiring and growing. The airline industry model is and has always been hire till you furlough and furlough till you hire.

I'm glad to hear that the SkyWest flying out of Atlanta a year+ ago was coincidental to ASA's 2 waves of furloughs and not the cause. Thank you for the reply. I stand corrected.

The contract will be honored because when you acquire a company, you assume the assets and liabilities. However, the contract probably offers an early termination, which would most likely result in a financial remedy to OO. Jerry makes money at everything he does, e.g. the $5 mil. off C.E. when the original deal fell through a few years ago.

The contract for for a really short period of time and then 90 days is all that is needed to terminate for either side. End of story. SkyWest will not see any money as southwest ends this flying.

I had heard that either side could get out of the contract with 120 days notice, FWIW.

The word is that the flying is definately going away but it was only 4 or 5 planes anyway, and one of them geared up in MKE last night.

And YupGup, why don't you do the world a favor and throw yourself in front of a fast train, you're starting to become as big of a DB as the general?

I had heard that either side could get out of the contract with 120 days notice, FWIW.

The word is that the flying is definately going away but it was only 4 or 5 planes anyway, and one of them geared up in MKE last night.

And YupGup, why don't you do the world a favor and throw yourself in front of a fast train, you're starting to become as big of a DB as the general?[/QUOTE]

yeah and only 13,500+ more posts to go.

Skywest was flying 50 seaters that used to belong to ASA out of ATL while we had 136 pilots on furlough. Delta did that? Just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

Latest resources

Back