• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/ASA one list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would the point be? Past precedent with Freedom and Go Jet have shown the NMB would likely not side with the union requesting single carrier status. Why waste the time and money on an effort that would go no where?
Because the very reasons the gheyjett/TSA single carrier status wouldn't fly, are invalid for SKYW/ASA deal. TSA/gheyjett, were flying different equipment for different carriers, and completely different route segments. SKYW/ASA share carriers, routes and until recently domiciles. Take the Bush cabinet out of the equation and it would be a slam dunk, with a new representation election and that scares ALPA.
PBR

Because the very reasons the gheyjett/TSA single carrier status wouldn't fly, are invalid for SKYW/ASA deal. TSA/gheyjett, were flying different equipment for different carriers, and completely different route segments. SKYW/ASA share carriers, routes and until recently domiciles. Take the Bush cabinet out of the equation and it would be a slam dunk, with a new representation election and that scares ALPA.
PBR
Go Jet and TSA shared routes. When GoJet was being stood up, TSA did some of those routes. Share STL as a domicile or did. Not sure now. They did fly different equipment but that was about it. I understand your argument but I don't think it carries too much water.

The only two ways the two end up with merged lists are:
1. A grassroots effort by the OO pilot group that ends up with representation and a petition is successfully pushed through.
2. Jerry says, "Screw it" and puts the two together.

Both are unlikely scenarios unless you guys at OO are really getting pissed.

Last edited:
An independent union for ALL SkyWest pilots.

Think about it, ALPO doesn't give a sh*t about the regionals, except their dues money.

The union doesn't decide our benefits or our contract. We do. Hopefully this time people read before they vote.

I understand your argument but I don't think it carries too much water.
It isn't my argument, it was the NMBs decision/argument.
PBR

It isn't my argument, it was the NMBs decision/argument.
PBR

I know what the decision was. TSA pilots had a much better chance of doing this than we do. TSA became TSH and created Goat Jet. Much different scenario we have here. I am all for it though. If someone gets a lawyer to argue it and the NMB makes it so, I'll shed no tears.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back