Skywest & ASA management: READ!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

If you haven't noticed ASA people are not happy. So unhappy that the union has seen fit to authorize a Strike Ballot Authorization. If you've read, and probably have, we feel that this job isn't worth the grief anymore. We don't want to strike, but we feel already so beat down that we don't care anymore.
What are we asking of you?

Jerry: How about offering ASA people the same contract that you have your people working under? That would be a good start. Most of that is really all we are asking for.

Brian: Look around. You think "One Team, One Vision" is really happening? Listen to the crew rooms.

*fixed*

Last edited:
I think he meant grief.

But, DITTO that.

It should read "One managment Team, One managment Vision".

GO AROUND said:
I think he meant grief.

I thought he typo'd "reef", since he's got SCUBA on his mind....as do I, 'cause when I QUIT, I'll be diving in the Keys all day!

.....or maybe "reefer", since that's what these guys must be smokin' if they think they're running a good company...

OCP said:
Jerry: How about offering ASA people the same contract that you have your people working under? That would be a good start. Most of that is really all we are asking for.

*fixed*

I agree! 100%.

Give me a $2/hr. raise (+ profit sharing) and the better scheduling and work rules, show ALPA the door and let me keep my 2%.

I'm happy now. That would make me REALLY happy.

ohplease! said:
not according to the folks I've flown with or the folks I hang around. Who knows the real #'s.

I could say the same about the people I fly with who are more than willing to vote yes.

Bring on the vote!

shamrock said:
I could say the same about the people I fly with who are more than willing to vote yes.

Bring on the vote!

I never said I wouldn't vote yes. Just said I'd take theirs and would like to see ALPA disappear. I've not seen ALPA show ANY interest in regionals in general OR ASA specifically.

Alas, thats the system I have to live in. I knew it when I signed on. I'm not too sure they really want to take a strike vote though. I'm not convinced they'll get the mandate they wish for or need. Better to bluff and not show your cards than to bluff and show you don't have anything.

Im amazed that after reading this, Skywest pilots still want ALPA. They dont realize alpa will take 2% for four year while they try to get a contract, then it will end up being a paycut when they go to mediation and get a industry avrage contract.

amcnd said:
Im amazed that after reading this, Skywest pilots still want ALPA. They dont realize alpa will take 2% for four year while they try to get a contract, then it will end up being a paycut when they go to mediation and get a industry avrage contract.

Now... Don't take it that way. I still want the protection that ALPA offers, but what I am saying is that all ASA is asking for in their new contract is pretty much EVERYTHING (almost) that Skywest already offers its pilots. However the protection from a legal/medical/company stand point can't be beat via ALPA. The 2% is worth the legal if you would ever need it.

Latest resources

Back